Powered by Blogger.

The Bodysuit Search - Chapter 2

Saturday, November 1, 2008

I recently ventured into the Agent Provocateur, which finally opened last Friday, to have a look at some of the bodysuits that I highlighted in an earlier posting. The few that I pointed out looked every bit as nice in person as they did on line. In fact, the barb wire one might have been even nicer.

So why is this "Chapter 2" instead of a product review? Obviously, I didn't buy anything. Despite the fact that the salesgirl was quite nice, she was adamant about not letting me in the fitting room. Throw in the fact that their return policy is not exactly lax, I wasn't really in the mood to drop several hundred dollars on any of these. I'm trying not to be too disappointed, but I was a bit caught off guard by their refusal. Despite the fact that I walked in on the day that their store had opened, and only one other customer came in and out during the hour or so that I was in there, it was a no go for the try on. If they wanted to refuse, that's their business, but they lost what was potentially a several hundred dollar sale in the process, in what was clearly a slow business day. The bodysuits they had only went up to size large, and while they looked pretty certain that they'd fit, I wasn't really willing to take the chance by just buying it.

Anyway, I'm moving on. The next group of bodysuits to catch my eye come from another of my favorite high-end retailers: La Perla. La Perla gives me another 3 options, where I may be able to find something to my liking. The first of these is the "Sublime"(pictured left). There is so much lace and transparency detail going on here, it is quite amazing. In addition to the lace, in the front, there is some gathering tulle, which is quite gorgeous. The back is see-thru mesh all the way down. It is an 85/10/5 blend of nylon, spandex, and cotton. It goes for $401 on sale.

The second is "A Song" bodysuit(pictured right). It is a stretch lace "intimate floral" detail. It is very feminine. The lace detail begins at the waist and goes all the way up to the bust. Below, is a more solid material with less detail. The back is a sheer tulle, but not quite as transparent as the Sublime. It is a 60/20/10/10 blend of nylon, silk, cotton, and spandex. It can be yours for (Gasp!)$563.

Finally, there is the "Loving" bodysuit(pictured below). I think this one is my favorite (at least on the model. Even though it has quite a bit less detail than the other two, the lack of detail, along with it's sheerness all around, is actually quite pretty. I've always been a big lover of sheer. It is also ivory, instead of black, which just makes it look a bit softer and more feminine to me, for some reason.

It has two seams down the front of the body suit, which separate the front into thirds. The middle third is more reinforced, which makes it a bit less sheer than each of the side thirds. The cups are soft, delicate, and sheer as well, with some beautiful embroidery on them. The back has adjustable straps (as do the backs of the other two bodysuits) and below the straps is a lovely sheer mesh. I think this bodysuit is so incredibly sexy. It is a 75/15/5/5 blend of nylon, spandex, polyester, and cotton. It sells for $305.

I'm hoping my local La Perla store carries all three of these. I'm also hoping they're a bit more accommodating than Agent Provocateur. I will give them a call soon or drop in to find out. I'm in love with all three of these bodysuits. I hope I end up coming home with at least one. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment