Powered by Blogger.

Prepster

Monday, November 24, 2008





I just realized that I neglected to mention I'm back in California! It is so nice, but strange to go from 35 degree weather to 75, but I'm not complaining. 

We went to the MOCA today because I wanted to see some Jackson Pollack paintings in person and they have a relatively large collection. We've been talking about them a bunch in my art class and, though I really disliked them at first, I have developed a sort of admiration for the drip method Pollack used and the completely original way he made his art. But lo and behold, the Pollacks were put away for some reason so I didn't get to see any. Thanks so much to my family though for schlepping to the museum with me, despite really having no desire to go. 

We passed by the Walt Disney Concert Hall on our way and I couldn't help but photograph it. I just think it's one of the most beautiful buildings I've ever seen and particularly in person, it's quite sublime. The architect Frank Gehry is one of my favorites and the building is just a really stark contrast to the harsh high-rises that you usually see in LA, which draws you even more to it. I forget how much I love this city. 

Shirt: Ralph Lauren
Pants: See Through Soul
Boots: Nine West

Smile for me, baby. 
-Lo

No comments:

Post a Comment