Powered by Blogger.

Another Body Suit -- The Final Chapter....Maybe

Friday, November 21, 2008


So today I wore my second bodysuit. It is the Cinema String Body from Wolford. Strangely, it was not among the Wolford bodysuits that I profiled a week or so back. But it ended up catching my eye and I went ahead and bought it. Other than shape, it is not all that similar to the La Perla bodysuit that I reviewed last Friday.

This one has some mesh material included, but for the most part, it is a cotton and nylon blend. But like the La Perla bodysuit it is totally comfortable, something that continues to surprise me somewhat. I really expected these things to not work, and instead they've worked wonderfully.

So anyway, the top of the bodysuit has spaghetti straps which are adjustable. Like I have said earlier, my torso is somewhat on the long side, but this suit fits comfortably with room to spare. Also, unlike the La Perla bodysuit, this bodysuit has no padding in the cups. I probably could've worn just a t-shirt to work today with no worries whatsoever, but the straps did show somewhat through the back of my shirt, so I threw on another shirt over it, just to be on the safe side. Plus, it's pretty damn cold out these last few days, so it's not a bad time to layer anyway.


This bodysuit is made from a blend of cotton and tulle. As the website says, it gives off a opaque/transparent look. I like the look. The cotton and transparent materials make contrasting v-shaped patterns with the cotton stretching to the breast area and the mesh v dipping down from the top of the cotton down almost to the mid-stomach area. In addition, their is under wire sewn into the cups which create two triangles around the bust area. The back is completely a transparent material and starts around the middle of the back and dips into a g-string at the bottom, where it meets the front with a 2-snap closure.

All in all this bodysuit isn't as sexy as the La Perla bodysuit. But it is more functional which leads me to believe I will probably get more use out of it. Also, I got it in black, which gives me one white bodysuit and one black bodysuit so I can coordinate them with the rest of my wardrobe on just about any given day. The material of this one is very stretchy and the non-mesh part is actually a bit on the shiny side, making the bodysuit even that much more attractive.

It is a blend of 57% polyamid, 33% cotton, and 10% elastane. You can buy it at the Wolford London Boutique website for £109.00. The Wolford stores here in the states carry it for around $220.

So I'm probably done shopping for bodysuits for a while, (unless I cave and buy this one from eres), but I'm very happy with the two I have. I'm hoping to get a lot of use out of both of them. I'm glad I've been turned on to bodysuits, I never realized how great they felt and how enjoyable they are to wear.

No comments:

Post a Comment