Powered by Blogger.

Reader Reveiw #1 -- The Starlet Garter Panty

Monday, November 24, 2008


When they're not too busy fighting with some of the local universities ,Victoria's Secret can do it right every once in a while. Case in point is the Starlet Garter Panty.

For those readers who might have caught my blog in the early days...way, way, way back in May of this year, this is what I had to say about Victoria's Secret's first invention of the Starlet Panty. Apparently consumers have by and large echoed my sentiment, because in the few months since then, VS has been expanding their Starlet line very aggressively. There have been a few different variations of the panty itself, there has been a garter skirt, and now there is this...the garter panty.

The panty I reviewed in May was VS grown up. Not grown up in a granny sort of way. Grown up in a elegant, refined, classy, pretty (read: all things not PINK) sort of way. This garter panty is grown up in a sexy, seductive, alluring, when-did-you-get-so-attractive sort of way. And I think it really works.

The panty is high waist and a blend of nylon and spandex. It is a see through mesh all the way around except for a panel down the middle of the front, which is reinforced with a pretty lace detail. On the edge of this lacing, and also down the back, is some boning. The panty remains pretty flexible despite this, and not the least bit uncomfortable, even under pants. Also, there is more lace detail around the waist and leg openings of the panty and a bow at the top front. The back is completely sheer and there is some lace-up on the top of the back. The lacework on the legs and waist continues as well around the back of the panty.

The panty has four garters in total. They are detachable, and the straps are pretty thin. That said, the clasps are metal and everything has stayed in place quite well throughout the day today. If I did have a complaint about this panty, it would be the decision to go with four straps instead of six. But it isn't a big complaint. I know many of the garter belts and panties that VS makes are strictly for the bedroom, but this particular one can be functional all day long. And, most importantly, this panty feels great. From my perspective, this a really comfortable, really great-feeling panty.

I'm still a bit surprised when something from Victoria's Secret fits this well. After a few years of being disappointed with anything I bought from there, thinking it would fit well only to get home and find it didn't at all, I can't be more pleased with some of the panties they have come out with lately. There couldn't be a better example than the Starlet Garter panty. If you're a fan of VS, or looking to try them again for the first time, I would recommend this. I'm glad I got a chance to try it, I will certainly be getting some good use out of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment