Powered by Blogger.

The Bodysuit Search - Chapter 3

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

And so we come to Wolford. It is one of my favorite places to shop and one of my favorite brands of stockings, so surely they have to have something good. While I am certainly intrigued by some of my options at La Perla and haven't ruled them out, I had to at least give Wolford a shot, right?

Looking online, Wolford definitely had quite a few options. Knowing how good their hosiery looks and feels, I have to say I'm pretty sure I'd be happy with a bodysuit from here. If you go to their London Boutique website, and click on bodies, you get 18 different options. You have to find something among all of these I would think.

Option #1 is the Buenos Aires String Body. It has a sort of scoop neckline. The back is a string. It is supposed to have a semi-sheer finish which should allow some skin to show through the suit. The website boasts that it will feel like a second skin. It is an 88/11/1 blend of nylon, elastane, and cotton. The breakdown resembles that of some of their tights. So it should feel almost like wearing their tights on your entire body.....interesting. This bodysuit goes for £109.00.

Option #2 would be the Jamaika String Body. It's got a low neckline which gives it a tank top appearance. The back is a string. It comes in a huge array of colors, and it is a 54/41/5 blend of nylon, cotton, and elastane. It seems very practical and it certainly looks nice. It is available on the website for £79.00.

Option #3 is the Neon String Body. Again, it is a string bodysuit. But the top has just thin spaghetti straps so it would appear almost like a camisole.. You can't really see it from the picture, but according to the website, it has an "elegant, shimmering look." Sounds nice. The blend is 92/7/1 of nylon, elastane, and cotton. It costs £75.00

So, it was with these three suits in mind, that I ventured over to the local Wolford store. I wanted to see what they looked like in person, and then hopefully come upon a decision. My friend Tara was working when I got there, so I asked her about the bodysuits. While she thought it was a great idea that I look into purchasing one, she had, as usual, her own ideas about which one I should get.

She suggested that I get the Passion String Body. I hadn't noticed that one when I was looking online because it was in the lingerie section and not the body wear. This bodysuit is, to say the least, beautiful. It is made completely out of french lace. The cups are Chantilly lace and there is some more Chantilly lace fringe sewn into the leg openings. The body of the suit is dotted stretch lace. It has adjustable straps and is an 83/16/1 blend of nylon, elastane, and cotton. I'm not sure the picture here does it justice, it is much more stunning in person. It retails on the website for £175.00. It was around $350 in the store. I don't remember exactly how much.

So I've been taking a couple of days to mull over the different bodysuits I've looked at. Wolford is currently holding the Passion String Body in my size, at the store for me. But I haven't yet pulled the trigger. I could continue looking, but the fact is I've seen a couple that I love now. One at La Perla and one at Wolford. I'm getting excited about the opportunity to wear a bodysuit around for a day. I've never worn one and I'm very interested to see how it feels. It may not be much longer before I find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment