Powered by Blogger.

Reader Review #2 -- The Jacquard Starlet Panty

Tuesday, November 25, 2008


So my starlet panty review started anew today. Yesterday's review of the Starlet Garter Panty went quite well. After that, I was looking forward to putting these panties on this morning, to find out more about them.

I liked this panty the second I took it out of the Victoria's Secret package, late last week. I think they are incredible pretty in a way that I felt had been missing from Victoria's Secret over the last couple of years. I know I've been repeating that sentiment over and over with my recent reviews of VS panties, but it really had become quite a problem, in my opinion. Sexy didn't have to mean minimal coverage, and often times sexy lost out to trashy when it came to VS styles.

But on to happier times, as in right now. This type of panty gives a designer the opportunity to really create beauty, and this panty is an excellent example of that. The coverage gives a vintage retro look to the wearer. The slight sheen helps to capture attention. Finally, the abundance of lace detail and overall jacquard look give off a sort of feminine allure that one expects to find in panties that cost three or four times this much, if not more.

The panty is 94% polyester and 6% spandex. It has the look of a satin panty and the feel of a nylon panty, however. The waist is somewhat understated with just a small elastic around. The front has some very feminine and very pretty floral lace detail complete with a bow at the top. The panty, of course, is high waist and the back is the same jacquard look as the sides and front (other than the lace). Finally, there is additional lace detail all the way around the leg openings, making this panty just that much more eye catching. Indeed, it seems like the more you look at this, the more you notice about it.

But, of course, these aren't just for looking at...and that's the best part. This panty feels great. It is totally comfortable, not tight at all, as some high waist panties can be. The fabric, itself, is very comfortable as well and, as I can attest, having worn them all day today, remain comfortable throughout the day....even if I can't say the same for my pants, after I got caught outside in a downpour today! It also gives off no noticeable panty line, which I was even somewhat surprised about.

If you find this panty as beautiful as I do, I think you should buy it. You'll certainly enjoy wearing it and feel pretty and sexy while doing so, maybe even in a vintage movie star sort of way. I think this panty is a steal for $20 as it reminds me very much of some of the vintage panties I have purchased from Pandora's Choice at a much steeper price. I am certainly glad these panties have worked out, and look forward to wearing them again, or even buying more. I'm also, once again, finding myself looking forward to new styles from Victoria's Secret. I certainly hope they have more along the lines of these.

No comments:

Post a Comment