Powered by Blogger.

Unique...I guess

Thursday, November 20, 2008


So it was suggested to me that I try the Wolford Stay Hip Tights, when I went in there looking for more conventional stay ups recently. The Wolford website touts these tights as a "unique innovation which combines perfectly the freedom of a stay up with the fit and the comfort of a tight".

I'm not sure I agree. I also don't know how well the pictures illustrate exactly how these work. I know I was initially confused, so I'm going to take a minute to explain them. Initially, when I took them out of the package this morning, I just kind of stared blankly at them for a minute or two. Part of that, I suppose, was my lack of coffee at that particular moment, but, I think it takes a minute for one to figure out exactly what to do with these things.

They come in two separate parts. Each a stocking, with a kind of loop at the top. So you put them on one leg at a time, and the loop wraps around the opposite hip. So in the end, you have two stockings that make a crossing pattern (if my recollection serves me correct that would be my first football term used in this blog) across your hips.

So in the end, for all the "uniqueness", you end up with a pair of crotchless pantyhose. I'll admit, I've never been a fan or crotchless pantyhose, or garter hose, or whatever else they might want to call them. I remember being talked into a pair 4 or 5 years ago by a Victoria's Secret employee, and then cursing her the whole day I wore them as the straps dug into me.

The good news is, there's no discomfort here. They, like anything else from this brand, feel great. I guess I'm just not sure they serve a purpose. I like tights, and I like stay ups. I never really thought I needed a combination of the two.

They're 84% nylon and 16% elastane and 12 denier. They aren't cheap. You can get them here for £34.00. I spent about $75 on them myself.

If you're looking for something different or are in to unique looks, give them a try. I'd love to know what others think about these.

No comments:

Post a Comment