Powered by Blogger.

A Born Again Stocking Lover

Friday, June 6, 2008


So it's been hitting me lately that I don't own much in the way of garter belts, and I'm not sure why. I love wearing nylons, but I think I get lazy at times and settle for the thigh highs or pantyhose that I can throw on quickly in the morning. In addition, I don't ever really have to worry about the lace top of a stocking showing through my pants, whereas a garter strap can easily show through.

But as I picked up my garter belt in the mail yesterday, it hit me that I had only purchased one pair of stockings to go with it. Since I was passing right by a lingerie store on the way to my mailbox, I figured I'd drop in an get a few pairs of stockings for everyday wear, ones that I wouldn't worry too much about if they snagged or ran.

While in the store, looking through the stockings, the saleswoman asked me if I needed help. Curious, because I didn't see any around, I asked her if they sold garter belts to go with the stockings. She said they did, and then, stopping to look at me for a second, she asked "they're not for you, are they?" Not hesitating, I told her they were. So, unfazed, she asked me if I was looking for real everyday wear, or more bedroom type stuff. I responded that I was looking for something I could wear all day long.

She suggested the Crown Back Hook Garter Belt, pictured here. It wasn't the prettiest thing in the world, but I had to remind myself, I would be wearing it all day long. She found one that was supposed to fit my 34 inch waist. She told me she could not allow me into the fitting room, but offered to let me go downstairs into the employee area and try it on in the bathroom. It was a good thing too, as it was a bit snug, so I went a size up. I liked it enough that I purchased it in black and in white.

I wore the garter and stockings today with a pair of full cut blue nylon panties over them. I can't figure out for the life of my why it had been so long since I wore a garter belt. The stockings feel so sensual on my legs each time I get up to walk around. I'll need to add some more stockings because I'm planning on using this garter belt a lot. Fortunately some of my favorite blogs have been promoting quite a few good stocking options, so I'm thinking it may be time to pull the credit card back out. Going forward, I may just need to throw caution to the wind and wear my garter belt every day. I mean, is anyone really going to notice my garter straps under my pants? Maybe I'm just growing addicted to the excitement of possibly getting caught.....

No comments:

Post a Comment