Powered by Blogger.

Perfectly Elastic?

Wednesday, February 25, 2009


That could certainly describe the Bondage Angela Chemise, made by Bordelle, both in the economic sense, but also in its overall appearance. This is certainly a unique piece. This is made from joined together horizontal bands of....elastic. The cups of this chemise is made from the same material, and just below them, the horizontal banding starts...continuing all the way down to just below the buttocks. In addition, their are silk adjustable shoulder straps and bow accents on the front and the back. Also on the back is a metal zipper that runs the legnth of the chemise, down the middle.

If anyone here has taken an economics class you probably remember spending quite a bit of time talking about curves. The same can be said of this chemise. If your body has a curve, this piece is going to be hugging it. I've got to admit, I thought the idea of this was ridiculous...and I probably still do, but looking at the rear view picture of the model, well....it looks....really quite good. I don't know if it feels good....I don't know if there are concerns about cutting off one's circulation, but I won't deny it...it passes the eyeball test. Not only does it show off one's curve, but it does so with a shiny silk material that is always appealing to the eye.

So, to my microeconomics professor with whom I had to fight with to get my much-deserved A, the definition of perfectly elastic is: a good with a price elasticity of demand of infinity. Which means, a small change in price would lead to an infinite change in demand.

That makes this chemise......not perfectly elastic. Because, at an astounding $523, I need more than a slight change in price, I need a huge one. But, Bordelle, The Panty Drawer applauds your ability to make elastics sexy....and that puts you ahead of the curve when it comes to originality.

No comments:

Post a Comment