Powered by Blogger.

Hmmmm...

Wednesday, February 25, 2009


As much I love anything that has to do with stockings, I've never really been a fan of knee highs. There never really seemed to be anything to get excited about when it came to them. Stockings and thigh highs, and for that matter tights, are all so much sexier. There is always just some sort of a letdown when it comes to knee highs. It's like expecting to see a nice pair of stockings and getting so much less instead.

Enter Trasparenze. Always known for their unique take on stockings, they have now come out with quite a variety of knee highs. Looking at some of these takes me back to my days at high school, where knee socks were often combined with the uniform skirt. Come to think of it, knee highs could be quite sexy back then...but...that's a story for another day.

There is probably no denying the draw of the Porto Venere Knee Highs. Done in white (but also available in black), with a 15 denier appearance, they have an opaque floral pattern on the back of the leg and just under the band. On the top of the band there is a bit of scalloping done all around, which adds another touch of femininity. I'd be lying to myself if I denied the appeal of these knee highs...these aren't your typical grandmotherly, tan sheer knee highs. They are 85% polyamide and 15% elastane. They cost $11.25.

Or how about the detail on the Cefalu Knee Highs? Start at the top. On the top of the white band is a frilly red line. Below it is sheer white knee highs (15 denier again) with a white diamond pattern on top. The knee high is finished of with a red rose detail all the way down the back of the leg. Clearly these aren't too be hidden under suit pants...these are to be displayed to the world. They are 85% polyamide and 15% elastane. They cost $12.95.

Into polka dots? Try the Sanremo Knee Highs. The white sock starts with a thick band at the top. Just beneath, is a small row of black lace. From there the sock (40 denier) continues down uninterrupted. All over is black (or pink if you like) polka dots, all the way down to the toe. These are a blend of 65% polyamide, 20% polypropylene, and 15% elastane. They cost $14.45. Are they sexy? Are they fun? Are they maybe a little bit of both?

Honestly, I'm not about to replace any of my delicious tights or stockings. But are these worth thinking about as an alternative that still complements my collection? I don't really know. All I know, is that I can stop looking at these things.

No comments:

Post a Comment