Powered by Blogger.

One Last Thing... (or Wolford in the Spring Part 4)

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

This, I promise, is the last chapter. But as I continue to pour over the Spring/Summer 2009 line at Wolford, I need to give a few of its lingerie pieces their just due. As most of you know, I love, love, love, Wolford stockings. As a result of my always being in their store, I began trying pieces of their lingerie here and there. Despite the fact that it is confined to a small corner of their retail stores, and it is updated less often and in less volume, Wolford lingerie takes a back seat to nothing. In terms of quality and feel, they are unbeatable. Much of their stuff is everyday wear insofar as it can be plain and made from basic fabrics such as microfibre.

That said, there are certainly eye-catchers among this line, and none more so than the Eden Rock line, some of which is pictured above. The model's top is adorned along the front and the back with a floral chantilly lace. In between, on the sides, is soft tulle. There is a curving neckline and stitching under the cups and up the middle of the front. The straps are adjustable.

The panty, which I am madly in love with, also comes in a string or a tanga. It is detailed the same way as the top with the floral chantilly lace in the front and the back and the tulle on the sides. It is also adorned in the front with a decorative bow.

The fabric make up of the top is 94% polyamide and 6% elastane. The panty is 80% polyamide, 15% cotton, and 5% elastane. Unfortunately, this set is quite expensive as the top costs € 199.00 and the panty is € 99.00. This line is available in black only.

Another set worth checking out, is the Silk Dream. This set includes a push up bra, a camisole, a string, and a panty (pictured here). The panty is the most eye-catching, in my opinion. As you can see from the picture, it is a short with a chantilly lace edging at the leg openings and a decorative bow on the front. It is available in the pictured silver, or in pearl, both coming with white pinstripes. As if this panty wasn't good looking enough, one can only imagine how it feels as it is made from 86% silk, 9% cotton, and 5% elastane. This is one panty I'm dying to try...altough if I do, I have a feeling I won't want to take it off.

The panty will set you back £79.00, which may be pretty tough to stomach, given the economy. But I have to admit it is oh so tempting. It's available in XS-L if you do give into the temptation. And if you do, just know that I will forever be jealous of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment