Powered by Blogger.

New Stuff...

Friday, February 20, 2009

I recently received an email from StockinGirl telling me they had some new items in stock, so I've been spending some time today checking them out. I'd like to point out a few things that caught my eye. I'm not sure yet if I'm pulling the trigger on any of these, but I do sense a tights purchase coming on, and these may just make the cut.

To the left here is an example of the new openwork tights that they are selling right now. I love openwork tights, and I think the web pattern here looks great. StockinGirl attests that they are versatile enough to be worn with shorts, skirts, or dresses. Alas, I'd be wearing them with pants. But hey, maybe they'd still be worth it. These tights are 88% nylon and 12% spandex. They also come in a floral pattern...maybe the floral is more me, come to think of it.

Finally, they're one size fits most. I don't really like that. Really, what does "most" mean. I have bought a few things from StockinGirl in the past that were a bit to small...maybe that means I'm not like most...I don't know. Anyway, they're $24. That's not super expensive. But if I'm dropping $24, I want to be pretty certain I'm going to be happy.

Staying on the subject of openwork, there is also the openwork ribbed tights, pictured just below. I think these look quite stunning on the model. These are an openwork pattern that is coupled with a sheer vertical striped pattern creating quite the nice look. The model is wearing it with a pair of denim shorts and leather black pumps, and I think it actually works quite well. As with the other tights above, however, I could see these being equally versatile. If you wanted to dress them up much more than they are in this picture, I think it could certainly be done.

They are constructed of 90% nylon and 10% spandex. They are also one size fits most. You can purchase them from StockinGirl for $20. If you don't like them in black, they are also available in chocolate.

I'm tempted by these. I don't really have much in the way of vertically striped tights. This might be a nice addition to my collection in that regard. For $20 it is certainly very tempting.

If these two styles above are any indication, StockinGirl may be going in the direction of openwork, in the upcoming season. It's probably a smart move. From what I've noticed, tights are very much back in style. As the days begin to grow a bit warmer (or so I hope...soon!!!) the openwork could allow one to continue to incorporate tights into his or her wardrobe well into the spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment