Powered by Blogger.

New Stay Ups (or Wolford in the Spring Part 3)

Wednesday, February 4, 2009





Wolford has introduced two new pairs of stay ups this season, and both are very nice looking. I thought I'd take a minute to post about (read: lust over) both of them.



First in line in the Polka Stay Up. These are soft net stay ups with a satin band around the thigh. The band is also adorned with a pretty satin bow. The band itself is pretty narrow compared to many stay up bands that can get wide and lacy. This one is understated but very nicely done.





The leg is a very small diamond net pattern all the way down through the toe. All over the pattern are pretty black polka dots. These polka dots continue down through the sheer toe as well.



From the photos, I really, really like these. I think they have an elegant look that can also be dressed down if need be.



These stockings aer 20 denier. They are 84% nylon and 16% elastane. They come in both black or sahara/black. They come in all sizes from extra small to large and cost £32.00.



Option 2 is the Angela Stay Up which have an ajoure pattern similar to the Stage or Grit tights that I looked at in an earlier post. These are equally lovely. They can go with a variety of formal or casual looks when you are looking to spice up that particular outfit.






Again, the stay up top is narrow and without lace. It does have a smooth shimmering look to it, however. The material is soft all the way down and has a nice net look to it throughout. Ajoure may just be the look this spring, judging by a few different things that Wolford has introduced. I know I like all of them and think they're all well done.




These stay ups have a 20 denier appearance. They are 90% nylon and 10% elastane. They're only available in black for sizes extra small to large. These stay ups will run you about £32.00.







I know lately I've been a tights person, but as the spring draws nearer, some added stay ups to my collection would probably come in handy. These are definitely two that I really like. I'll be sure to keep an eye on them. Which is my favorite? I'm not sure I can even decide between the two.

No comments:

Post a Comment