Powered by Blogger.

Satiny Soft

Tuesday, January 27, 2009


I've been spending some time browsing around looking for tights or stockings that I haven't tried yet. My hope is to find a few new things to review here, and, in the process, maybe develop some new favorites for myself. As we all know, there is no shortage of options in terms of brand names, styles, and colors to choose from. At this point, I know what my personal favorites are, but I'm hoping to discover some less-expensive go-to brands for when I'm in the mood to try something new, but don't necessarily feel like spending Wolford prices.

These tights here certainly fit the bill. I purchased them shortly after the holidays, but had to wait a while to get them as they were shipped from the UK. They are the Aristoc Ultra Satin tights. I've seen quite a few items from Aristoc around online, but there's nowhere local to me that sells them. I was anxious to try them as they looked nice. Not surprisingly, they are made in England. It seems most, if not all, of the nicer hosiery is coming from Europe these days, with countries such as England, France, Italy, and of course, Austria all churning out great products. What's more is that you seemingly don't always need to spend a lot of money to get the sort of style and quality you're looking for. Certainly, this is something that will be a focus of this blog, going forward.

I have to say, I am very pleased with the quality of the tights here. As much as I love just about any type of tights out there, I hate the feeling of wearing poor quality tights. They look great and feel great. The satin finish that the package boasted was delivered, as advertised. There just seems to be an extra level of smoothness and softness that I don't always know whether to expect or not when I buy a relatively inexpensive pair of tights. In addition, the satin finish will give your legs a bit of sheen without overdoing it at all. You will absolutely love the way they look and feel on your legs.

The tights are sheer to waist and the seams are hand finished. They are advertised as being snag-resistant as well, although that's a bit tougher to test without potentially ruining them. As always with nylons, handle with care. Finally, they claim a "Factor 6 graduated compression to boost tired legs". I'm not going to pretend to know what that means, but apparently there is invisible support built into the thighs of these that are supposed to help tired legs one way or another. Do they? Again, that's probably a bit tough to measure. Personally, I have run 6 miles in the last 2 days. My legs feel pretty good, but are they any better than they would've been without these tights? I can't say for sure. But hey, as long as they feel good on my legs, if they want to tell me they're helping my legs feel less tired, who am I to argue?

They are 85% nylon, 14% elastane, and 1% cotton. They are 20 denier. They come in black, chocolate, or nude. I went with the nude and they've added a bit of color to my very white legs, here in the dead of winter, without overdoing it. They come in small, medium, and large and should fit you comfortably if you're anywhere from 5 feet tall to 5'10". That said, I ordered the medium and they fit me with room to spare, despite the fact that I'm 5'10", myself. I imagine you could be well over 6 feet tall and still wear these. I think they're a ridiculous bargain at $9.75. I would recommend that anyone get themselves a pair of five. You'll always find the occasion to use them.

No comments:

Post a Comment