Powered by Blogger.

Argyle

Thursday, January 22, 2009


I've been seeing it around more and more lately. At the bus stop. On my drive to the office. Walking around the downtown area near where I work. The one constant is it always draws my attention. No matter who is wearing it. No matter the color pattern. There is something strangely eye-catching about argyle tights. In addition, rarely have I seen a pair of legs that they didn't look good on. It really is a great pattern.

It got me thinking. Why don't I have any of these types of tights? I had to put a change to it. It took longer than I expected as my order to StockinGirl was delayed as they had to restock (I guess they really are everywhere!). But they finally arrived and I too have my pair of argyle tights now.

I wanted something a bit brighter and colorful, but, due to inventory I ended up with these here in black (I know! I know! I should have checked out Celeste Stein. And I will, but this order was placed a while back.). The black on black is anything but bright and colorful, but I positively love the way these look. They look great on the model pictured here, and I love the way they look on my own legs. These will certainly push their way to the front of my tights drawer as I try to get as much use out of them as possible.

The website calls them "classic and timeless" as well as versatile enough to be worn at the office or on a night out. I have to say I agree. It's hard to picture a place where these tights would be out of place.

They are a 93/6/1 blend of nylon, lycra, and cotton. The website says they have a slight stretch, but they stretch more than that, I think, without overstretching. And the pattern seems as though it would hold quite well, regardless of the shape of your legs. What's more is they feel great. They cost a decent amount ($32), but at least they feel like a $32 pair of tights. You'll love the way these tights look and feel, and if you're like me, you'll want to get plenty of use out of them.

As I said, they seem to be everywhere. But just in case I'm not the last person to get some argyle tights, and you want some of your own, these are a good one to go for. I know you won't be disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment