Powered by Blogger.

A Missed Opportunity

Wednesday, January 28, 2009


Yesterday I arrived home to find a booklet containing La Perla's Valentine collection in my mailbox. It wasn't the largest thing in the world. As a matter of fact, it only had four looks in the whole booklet. But hey, anything new from La Perla is always going to be greeted with intrigue on my part.

In this particular case, intrigue turned to lust and then finished in disappointment in a matter of seconds. I needed to look no further than the first picture in the booklet to run the full gamut of emotions. They were all caused by the Indomitable Culotte, pictured on this post.

Initially, the beauty of this thing stopped me dead. Can you blame me? Just look at this panty. The panty is see through black lace with a generous amount of flower embroidery. The detail in this panty is absolutely stunning. The leg openings are adorned with embroidered flowers, leaving for a beautiful detail on the openings. As you continue up the panty there is more flower embroidery interrupted at points with just plain see through lace. Above the hips is a sort of silk waistband in all black. Finally the lace and flower continues above that and finishes in more embroidered detail well above the navel. All in all, the fabric makeup is 45% nylon, 30% silk, 20% cotton, and 5% spandex. I could only imagine how good this looked and felt on.

Then came the disappointment. The panty is a....thong. As I looked at the picture detail online, I couldn't believe it. I mean, they had to have a full panty that looked just like this somewhere, right? Wrong. They sell the brief, but its medium waisted and looks absolutely nothing like this. How could La Perla screw the design up this badly? For a brief moment (pardon the pun) I thought La Perla had come out with the retro panty to trump all others. But no, it's a thong. It's not even that I have that big of an issue with thongs, but it just flat out doesn't work on this particular style. Why all the coverage on the front and so much less on the back? How does this make sense?

The back has an interesting design. The waistline of the panty dips into a deep V-shape that ends about halfway down the backside. From there, the panty picks back up before turning into a thong towards the bottom of the panty. The waistband continues around the waist uninterrupted.

Really, I would've loved this panty if not for the needless thong design that just doesn't seem to belong there. It's really disappointing, I think. It's probably a moot point anyway, as there's no way I would've shelled out the $295 for these. Nonetheless, I feel like a piece of art was ruined.

No comments:

Post a Comment