Powered by Blogger.

In Person

Wednesday, January 14, 2009


In my continuing effort to re-vitalize this blog, I headed off today to Victoria's Secret for a little lingerie shopping. At this point, almost a month after Christmas, my hope was that their semi-annual sale had been going on long enough that I wouldn't encounter hoards of people diving through various bins of bras and panties as if they would be the lucky ones to stumble across the ideal bra and/or panty at a fraction of its original cost. It was also my hope that, by now, Victoria's Secret would be introducing some of its new product line and I would find something new and exciting.

In the end, they did have a new bra and panty line out that they were advertising as being vintage. It was reasonably nice in terms of laciness, but, as of the moment, they were a bit limited in the size range. Due to the fact that I am a somewhat unusual (unfemale?) 38B, it ain't always easy finding a good bra...at least not at Victoria's Secret. In the end, the salesperson who was helping me look found a few of the biofit bras in that size. While I own one already, it was one of their original ones, so it was worth checking out.

I ended up taking the bra into the fitting room while the salesperson looked around for matching panties. The bra, as expected, fit well. The somewhat pleasant surprise was that she was able to find me a few panties that were more in line with my tastes that what I had been used to finding at Victoria's Secret. They had a bit more coverage and were a see through lace material. Around the waist of one of them (pictured here) was even some lacy fringe material. They're actually quite nice. I'm looking forward to wearing them, I have to admit.

As I left the fitting room, I made my selections. The salesperson commented to me about how she, in particular, liked the see-through style panties. I really had to agree with her.

I'm looking forward to wearing these panties and seeing how they work out. I plan on posting a review or them (and maybe also the bra) in the upcoming days. I'm continuing to hold out hope that Victoria's Secret will return to the store that it was when I first started shopping for women's underwear. As much as writing the blog has helped tune me in to all of the great options in lingerie online, there are still times when I really prefer shopping in person. It's just a whole different experience. Love them or hate them, it's hard to shop, in person, for lingerie and avoid Victoria's Secret at the same time. It just really limits the options.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm supposed to be meeting some friends. If I leave now, I might just have just enough time to run into Wolford beforehand ;).

No comments:

Post a Comment