Powered by Blogger.

If You're Heading to the Airport...

Wednesday, December 10, 2008


...be sure to select your underwear carefully. As in, wear something other than this. This is the La Perla Limited Edition Silver Bodysuit. Had I stumbled upon this when I was bodysuit shopping about a month back I may have...okay, that's not true, there was no way in hell I was buying this. As with most of La Perla, it certainly is lovely, and I suppose I can't argue that it is a work of art. It is transparent tulle (yes, quickly becoming my favorite) and lace embroidered detail. According to the website it is "inspired by ancient techniques, whereby the lace is made to be bright and incredibly light with Lurex threads".

The fabric breakdown of this lovely bodysuit? Well I'm glad you asked. It's 43% nylon, 18% rayon, 13%polyester, 11% cotton, 10% elastic, and 5%.....metal. Yes, that's right, metal. What kind of metal? Aluminum? Steel? I'm afraid I have no idea. Although I have to admit, I'm laughing a bit to myself right now when I think about being stopped at an airport metal detector. "Oh sorry sir. That's just my underwear. Right, yes, it's a bodysuit. No thank you, I'd prefer not to take it off right now." Can it be used as a weapon? I don't know...maybe.

All kidding aside though, I'm not sure what the purpose of this is. I can't really imagine wearing it in day to day life. Under clothes? Would it get caught in my clothes? Would it rip my clothes, or rip itself, or get bent out of shape? Certainly not in the bedroom, right? Can you wear this in the bedroom without injuring yourself or someone else?

Maybe I can hang it up somewhere in my house. That might work. Some people have a suit of armor...I prefer a La Perla bodysuit. I like it. Certainly seems worth the $793 in that case.

I better buy it now, before someone else does...

No comments:

Post a Comment