Powered by Blogger.

Brrrrrrr

Monday, December 8, 2008


Today we may have...MAY HAVE...reached a high temperature of 24 degrees. That might sound bad enough, but, due to wind gusts, it's felt like a high of 6. That's it. 6. And just in case there's any confusion, I am most certainly talking Fahrenheit. I know we're a week into December and the official start to winter is a mere 2 weeks away...but are you ever really ready for that first cold day? I know I wasn't today.

So that's the bad news, anyway. The good news, at least for me, is that it gave me a chance to try a little something new from my friends at Wolford. I was in the store a few weeks ago and noticed the sales associate wearing something similar, and loved them. Unfortunately, what she had on, was an older style that they no longer carried. But she recommended these to me, as they were the closest to what she was wearing.

These are the Twiggy Tights. What about these tights inspires twigs, you ask? I have no idea, but that's what they're called. They have a couple of alternating vertical mesh patterns as you go around the leg. The pattern starts pretty much right at the waist, and continues down the top of the foot. The toe and the bottoms of the foot of these tights are just a plain material, with no pattern.

The package states that the "extra soft Silky Soft material caresses the skin". First of all, that was their redundant "softs", not mine. More importantly, "caresses the skin" probably takes it a bit far. People who wear Wolford on a regular basis (hello self) know what they mean when they say that their material caresses the skin. These don't really do that. They are quite comfortable, and do feel good on the skin, and look even better, and you'll be fine in them all day long, but it's not one of those cases where you're not going to want to take them off, I don't think, or at least not because they're caressing your skin too much.

But I don't want to be too nit picky. I do like these very much. The mesh style sets it apart from the other Wolford tights I own, and the detail in the pattern is very nice.

More importantly, these are like a knit sweater for my legs today. They most certainly served the purpose of keeping my legs warm, and they did so in a way that was much nicer to look at and feel than a plain old pair of microfiber tights. Unfortunately, they did nothing to stop my face from freezing every time I stepped outside today. As far as I know, Wolford doesn't make ski masks.

Like I said, these are different from most of the Wolford Tights I've review thus far. They are 56% viscose, 33% nylon, 10% silk, and 1% elastane. I got them in black, but they also come in ecru and mocha. You can get them at my favorite website, for £32.00. Do it now, and stay warm and sexy, all winter long.

No comments:

Post a Comment