Powered by Blogger.

Everyday Luxury?

Monday, December 1, 2008


So is the way the La Perla Vintage Hipster Thong is being advertised. It is the smooth, seamless stretch fabric that seems to be a polar opposite of the detailed, lacy, hand-crafted panty that La Perla is famous for. I guess for those of us who wear La Perla everyday, if there are such people out there, this is the stuff you would probably wear if you are just out running errands or hanging around the house. It is absent of detail. It comes in just a couple of standard solid colors.

I bought it last week, along with a few other La Perla panties, as part of their ongoing website sale that I had posted about. Seeing as it was, by far, the panty that I was least excited about, I went ahead and wore it first. I guess it gives me something to look forward to.

The verdict? I guess it's going to take some getting used to. As I've probably mentioned before, I'm not a huge thong wearer. I certainly own a bunch of them. But for whatever reason, I tend to go in a different direction most mornings, when I'm getting dressed. What's probably further clouding my judgement, is that I expect to fall in love with everything I put on from La Perla. Clearly, this is everyday wear, and it's probably not something the designers at La Perla expect people to get excited about.

The reason I think I may need time to get used to it is probably the way it was made. The content is 70% nylon, 20% spandex, and 10% cotton. In other words, it's essentially microfiber. While that type of make up usually means ultra comfortable, this panty doesn't really fall into this category. It is comfortable, but not as much as I expected.

For one thing, upon wearing it, I thought for sure this had a higher content of spandex that it ended up having. It is pretty constrictive. Not that that's necessarily a problem, but it may take a couple of wears before it fits just right. The second thing, is the cut. I guess what makes this thong "vintage" is the way it's cut. As you can probably see from the second picture, it is not as high cut in the back as a typical thong might be. As a result, as the wearer, you kind of notice it resting in a different area than you might typically be used to a thong resting.

I don't hate this panty. It just didn't work out quite as well as I hoped. Although this panty is less expensive than typical La Perla panties, its not inexpensive. It sells for $44 regular priced at Nancy Meyer. La Perla's USA website has it on sale for a more palatable $25.80. If you can get it on sale, you might want to try it, you may find that it works. But at full price, I think there are better options out there. At that point, you might as well spend the extra $20 and get the thong version of the Wolford panty I reviewed last week. I think you'll get more enjoyment out of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment