Powered by Blogger.

Extra Extra Special

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Okay. So sales and discounts are good, no one is going to deny that. But sometimes, you need a little something extra that really makes you feel good about yourself. Hosiery always makes me feel good, but that extra special pair can just sometimes give me that little extra boost. The prettiness, the femininity, and yes...the luxury...can make that ordinary day at the office just that little bit more special. I guess, today was the day.

It's probably been about a month since I purchased the Falke Bardot tights. They've been sitting in a dresser drawer, in their original package, doing nothing for weeks, while I walked around in discount department store hosiery or tights that I bought forever ago and wore many times. Sometimes I'd be getting ready in the morning and I'd see the package, still unopen, looking up at me: woman, side view, leaning over with one leg kicked backward in the air, long blond hair hiding most of her face...but those gorgeous, beautiful tights in perfect view until they disappear into black satin pumps. When was I going to put them on, myself? Why had I waited so long? Why resist the urge?

In short, I don't know. I lusted after these tights the second I first saw them. I finally got them and I couldn't bring myself to open the package. It was like that bottle of wine, that would never be the same, the second the cork was pulled.

But I wasn't going to wait forever. The day would come when I would be wearing these lovely tights for the first time. That day was today. I knew I would love them. I was not disappointed.

These tights felt like typical Falke. They had a softness, a smoothness, and a sheerness that rivals Wolford. When putting them on, I'm quite convinced, you have to leave yourself an extra couple of minutes to run your hands up and down your legs and take in how good they feel, a couple of minutes to gaze in the mirror and admire how good they look. These tights are really that good.

From the picture you can see that they're a light, light beige (or powder) color with the ultra feminine knee-high effect done with staggered flowers with a ring of black flowers across the top to create the top of the knee-high. What the picture does nothing for is the ultra shine that these tights give off. It really is quite radiant. You won't be able to stop looking. These tights have truly vaulted right to the top of my tights collection. There is no doubt that these are among my very favorites.

They are 81% polyamide, 9% polypropylene, 9% elastane, and 1% cotton. They are 15 denier. The package states that they're available in 5 different sizes, but mytights only has the S/M and M/L sizes. They are only available in the powder/black color, which, to me, is fine because that will only help you appreciate the contrast. They have a reinforced toe and a cotton gusset. The sheerness continues from the toe reinforcement all the way to the waistband. And just to reiterate, they have a beautiful, beautiful shine. Yes, they cost $45. But if you are looking for an extra-special pair of tights, and you don't mind parting with the money, you probably can't do much better than these. They were most certainly worth the wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment