Powered by Blogger.

All the Style...Half the Remorse

Monday, May 11, 2009

Over recent months, there has been a steady flow of various types of hosiery from across the pond to my mailbox here. I'm sure I've raved several times in the past about the abundance of style and quality (and low prices) at the UK-based websites compared to what I could purchase in department and/or specialty stores here. Some of my favorites, which I've reviewed here from time to time, include Aristoc, Charnos, and Levante. They seem to continuously update their styles and patterns, and their reasonable prices allow me to stock up and check out many of these styles for myself.

Well, things just keep getting better. Now, one of my favorite online hosiery retailers, Stockings HQ, is blowing out several different types, styles, and colors from these hosiery brands at half their usual cost. That's right, 50% off!

What I like about Stockings HQ, is their customer service. For one thing, they ship their orders quickly. Sometimes ordering from overseas can mean waiting weeks for my shipment to arrive. But with Stockings HQ, my orders are usually on their way within 24 hours, and in my mailbox in a week or so. If something I ordered is out of stock, they have no problem getting everything else in my order to me quickly, and shipping the rest of my order as soon as they get it. If I have a question, they always get back to me quickly, whether I inquire by phone or by email. Finally, they carry a wide variety of prices. Whether I'm looking for good stockings on the cheap, or I feel like splurging a little bit, I can always find something at Stockings HQ.

This sale is great because it involves many of their more reasonably priced, to begin with, brands. More on that below. What's also nice is that, unlike some website sales where you may find a great pair of stockings, only to discover that there's only one size and color left, when you go to order, there is still a good variety left of most of the hosiery featured in this sale. In addition, they assure that more keep coming in, so this is worth keeping an eye on.

Currently, I have a few pairs of Levante in my hosiery collection. But now would be a great time to add to that as no fewer than 10 different styles of tights and hold ups are half off. One of the most eye-catching in my opinion is the Sheer Weave Hold Ups, with their contrasting criss-crossing effect, which are normally priced £12.00, can now be had for a mere £5.17. Not a bad price at all for Italian quality mixed with smartly-done style. 84% nylon and 16% elastane, these hold ups are also quite sheer. Right now they are available in black, mocca, and aubergine.

A while back, I raved about the Aristoc 20 Denier Ultra Satin Tights. Well, I paid $9.75 for them and loved them. Imagine instead paying £2.50 (or about $3.58) for them.

For Aristoc, there is much more available. For example, I've had my eye on the Velvet Flock Tights for quite some time. The black chain link pattern on top of black sheer is very attractive. I almost bought them for £7.00. Now I can buy them for half that...what a bargain! Right now, both sizes are still available. These tights are 88% nylon, 11% elastane, and 1% cotton.

Finally, Charnos has over a half-dozen of their hold ups on sale for half price. Included among these are the Diamond Backseam Fishnet Hold Ups. The price of these have also been slashed in half from the already reasonable £7.00.

The style of these is quite unlike anything else, and now the price allows you to eliminate any guilt! The intricacies of the diamond on net will lead onlookers to believe that you're wearing hosiery that cost several times as much as what you paid for them. What's more is they'll leave you feeling sexy whenever you wear them. They are 83% nylon and 17% lycra. No time like the present to pick these up.

Above, I just began to touch on some of the great values that are available at Stockings HQ. I urge you to get on over there and see for yourself. You're guaranteed to find something that catches your eye for a price that you never thought you'd be able to get them for.

Happy shopping.

No comments:

Post a Comment