Powered by Blogger.

Taking My Lust Back Down Off the Shelf

Monday, October 12, 2009

Long-time readers of this blog are aware of the fact that I have a decent bit of a bodysuit fetish. While the ones I've tried are enjoyable to wear, some of the high-end lingerie designers have come out with some styles that have floored me. Almost a year ago now, I purchased and profiled two such bodysuits...one from Wolford and one from La Perla. They both remain among my very favorite pieces of lingerie. But that was...almost a year ago...and the itch to buy bodysuits hasn't exactly gone away. And how could it, when designers, such as Eres, continue to produce things of beauty, such as the bodysuit here?

The bodysuit here, is part of the Chimere collection by Eres. More specifically, it is the Chimere Evan Shelf Bodysuit. Stunning. Gorgeous. Sexy. Exquisite. Beautiful. Feminine. Go ahead, pick your own adjective. Chances are it applies here. And while beautiful lingerie from Eres, might be a bit redundant, I think even they have outdone themselves on this one.

They've taken your regular bodysuit, and done it with a all-lace front. The sheer lace is staggered with a floral detail throughout. The bottom of the suit is done in a bikini style and contains a snap closure. The only solid part to the front is the underwire for the cups. The top of the cups, in the meantime, have their own loop lace detailing, stitched across the top. Above the cups, thin spaghetti straps finish off the suit. The straps are adjustable to ensure proper fit. The leg openings also have the loop lace detailing that is stitched around the entire opening, continuing on to the back. The back, unlike the front, is completely solid. If all of this weren't enough, there are four, detachable, garter straps. After all, if you're wearing this suit, you're gonna want to finish the look off with the right pair of stockings.

The bodysuit is made in France and the website asserts that it is "unquestionably essential" as well as part of your "perfect set of everyday basics". I don't know about you, but if I'm spending $625 for a bodysuit, that is part of a set (including full cup bra, brief, bikini, and thong) that runs you $1,545, I'm not sure if I'm thinking 'everyday basic'. I'm probably thinking more along the lines of very, very special occasion. Nonetheless, I can't argue with most of the other superlatives the website attaches to this.

Strangely, the website claims that the bodysuit is made from 85% nylon, and 2% elastic. You probably don't have to be a math major to realize we're coming up well short of 100% here. So I unfortunately do not know the precise breakdown. The sizing is based on bra size and it is available only in 'Noir" color.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'd like to get back to lusting...

No comments:

Post a Comment