Powered by Blogger.

One of Three

Thursday, October 29, 2009

This week, I'm all about the dollhouse. Dollhouse Bettie, that is. For those who might not know, Dollhouse Bettie is an outfit in San Francisco's famed Haight Ashbury area that specializes in pinup and vintage style lingerie. Being a New Englander, I've never actually set foot into their store (sadly, I knew nothing about them when I went to San Fran a few years back), but their website is a sight to behold. It is stocked full on any kind of lingerie you can imagine, much of it inspired by the styles of the early part of last century. I made three selections from their wide variety of throwback goodness. Now...which to choose?

Thanks, as always, for all of your outstanding comments last week. It was a close win for the Hot Sox Fern Lace Stay-Up Thigh Highs. I think it's a great choice and certainly looking forward to giving them a try.

On to this week:

Blush Femme Fatale Pinstripe Garter Pantie

Admittedly, it took me a while before I ever tried a garter panty. I always figured I'd prefer the versatility of keeping the two pieces separate. But I've been more than pleasantly surprised by the ones I've tried. The Femme Fatale Pinstripe Garter Pantie might be the sexiest I've ever seen of an inherently sexy undergarment. Unlike some garter panties that are meant to be worn strictly in the bedroom, this piece is built for day long wear. It is high waisted and made from a blend of nylon and elastane allowing for optimum fit and maximum comfort. Despite this, no sexiness was sacrificed, in my opinion. It has a sleek gray look with burgundy pinstripes. A center patch is sewn in with horizontal stripes and is aligned on either side by pretty ruffles.

It has an elastic waistband and cotton gusset. The garters are also detachable, but, this piece screams for a sexy pair of stockings, does it not? The garter pantie is available in small, medium, and large. It costs $29.25.

Julia Sleek Sapphire Blue Satin Garter Bustier

Quite honestly I was looking at posting the matching panty originally. It was the blue color and satin finish that caught my eye. But when the page with the panty linked me to this bustier, I was stunned. Is this not a beautiful piece of lingerie?

The Julia Sleek Sapphire Blue Satin Garter Bustier has padded cups with inserts that are edged with ruffles. The cups meet together in the middle with a bow. Boning descends down the garment on both the front and the back. It comes to a scoop bottom with a ruffled hem. There are four removable satin garter straps which have a bow on them. The satin straps are adjustable and the piece closes in the back with 14 hook and eye closures.

The bustier is made from polyester micro satin and spandex. It comes in a wide variety of sizes based upon bra size. It costs $56.25.

Mary Green Nouveau Retro White Silk Teddy

This is a really unique piece of lingerie. It is a combination cami and knicker that is made into a one piece. Once again, I have fallen victim to something shiny. In this case the radiance of this piece as well as the promise of silk has me wondering just how good this feels on.

The Mary Green Nouveau Retro White Silk Teddy is made of a stretch silk material that offers comfort in addition to great feel. In addition to the white silk, it also has a generous amount of gorgeous lace detail. The cups are almost completely covered by a wide band of pink lace. At the bottom of the garment, the pattern repeats around the two leg openings. It also has adjustable shoulder straps at the top. It also has a snap closure in the gusset.

Aside from the trim, the teddy is silk and lycra. It is available in small, medium, and large. In addition to the white, that is pictured here, it is also available in a blush and black color. It costs $68.75.

So this time around we have three very different pieces from one outstanding retailer. As you can probably see from the pictures, they are all extremely sexy. The question to you is: which one is best? It's all a matter of what type of lingerie you like best. I know I could never pick from among these three.

No comments:

Post a Comment