Powered by Blogger.

One of Three

Thursday, October 1, 2009

To the surprise of nobody, I'm sure, I'm getting the itch to do a little bit of shopping. Since the last time I had a chance to scour all of my favorite websites, many new styles have hit the market. This is both a good thing and a bad thing. It's a good thing because I'm seeing many things that I like. It's a bad thing because....I'm seeing many things that I like.

So, as I often do, I am seeking the help of my readers, or anyone else who may stumble across my blog. I'm throwing three different styles of tights out here, and I'm hoping I can get some help as to which one to purchase. If things go the way I'm hoping, I'll buy whichever one the commenters seem to like the best and I'll write a review as soon as I read it. Hopefully everyone gets a chance to tell me which they like best and maybe even why. Thanks, in advance, to all who participate.

Jonathan Aston Tartan Tights

Whenever I see tights from Jonathan Aston, I always wonder why I don't buy this brand more often. The few things I own, I love. Their styles are also always interesting an unique. The Tartan Tights definitely fit this description. They have a plaid design that is very colorful. They are certainly unlike anything I currently own.

They are 100% nylon and 40 denier. They have a matte finish and are sheer throughout, including the toe. They also have no gusset. They are one size, which sometimes worries me, as I've been a bit too tall for some of the one size tights that I've bought. But I like these enough that I'm willing to take a chance. They cost £8.00.

Henry Holland House Mock Stocking Tights

Anyone who has seen the many reviews I've done for Wolford tights knows that I like the mock stay up effect. That being the case, it would stand to reason that I'll also be a fan of the mock garter and stocking effect, should I give these tights a try.

They are sheer tights, that have the effect of a brief, garter strap, and stockings all done over the tights. I actually think these are pretty creative and like the style quite a bit. The brief is a v-line and stockings come above the mid thigh and even give the impression of a pull where they 'connect' with the suspenders. These also have a cotton gusset and a reinforced toe.

They are listed as 40 denier, I assume that's where the effects are as the 'exposed' part of the leg seems quite sheerer. They have a matte finish and are 92% nylon, 7% elastane, and 1% cotton. They are available in black, blue, pink, and purple. Feel free to let me know which color is your favorite. These tights cost £10.00.

Trasparenze Capriccio Tights

These tights from Trasparenze are done with a vintage look in mind. As with seemingly all Trasparenze tights, there is a lot going on with them. They have a sheer brief effect that is done on top of the tights. There is a thick black waistband and, just beneath, a lacy floral panty effect is done. Just below the panty, a back seem starts with a bow, descends down the leg, and then ends with another bow, just above the ankle.

The tights are 20 denier, have a sheer toe, and have a matte finish. They have a fabric content that is made up of 85% nylon and 15% elastane. They're available in black or cosmetic. I'd love to hear what others think, but personally I think I prefer the cosmetic, as I think the detail shows up better on that color. These tights cost £13.95.

So these are my three favorites. I'd love to know what others think and base my purchase on that. I look forward to hearing some thoughts and thank all who do post in advance.

No comments:

Post a Comment