Powered by Blogger.

I May Already Be Hooked

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

The garter panty can always be an interesting piece of lingerie. If done well, it can mean taking an already sexy panty and demanding that the look be taken to the next level with the right pair of stockings. Done poorly, it can mean an over-the-top piece of bedroom wear that may or may not last the necessary 20 minutes before it hits the floor in a heap.

Most of what I have come across fits the second category. Usually its of poor quality, made from cheap materials and flashy colors, and any attempt to wear it over the course of an entire day or night out is met with disastrous results.

The good ones can be easy to spot, though. It is made from higher quality materials. It looks both comfortable to wear and functional in and out of the bedroom. It makes the wearer look classy and feel sexy, instead of looking trashy and feeling uncomfortable. Somewhat surprisingly, given the many gripes I have against Victoria's Secret, they came out with one last winter that I reviewed and really liked.

While I sadly may never get the chance to review the garter panty here, I fear I may already be madly in love with it. It is the Lascivious: Lila Garter Knicker. It combines many, if not all, of the things I lust for in a panty. It is full coverage and done in a vintage panty style so it comes up to the natural waist, above the navel. It is fully done in transparent sheer tulle and mesh, raising the allure and sexiness level of this panty right off the charts. It has banding detail at the hips that raises the tulle up and lets it fall down in a draping effect. Finally, it has four removable garter straps.

Another feature that I'm not sure I like is on the back of the panty. Straight down the middle of the panty is about nine hook and eye closures that begin at the top of the panty, descend down the middle of the back and end at the reinforced crotch. The goal of this is to create a corset-like effect, but I think I would've preferred this to have a completely sheer back. That's always been one of my favorite features of tulle panties, and I feel like this added effect takes away from that. Still, I like this enough to look past that feature.

The panty comes in small, medium, and large sizes. It is only available in black. The fabric content is 89% nylon and 11% elastane (like my favorite pair of stockings). It costs $126, which is why this is a lust post and not a review post. But, should I be hit by a moment of weakness, they may become mine. Could you blame me?

No comments:

Post a Comment