Powered by Blogger.

One of Three

Thursday, October 8, 2009

First a quick update. I ran a similar post last week involving tights, and I thank everyone who chimed in on my three selections. Ultimately, I settled upon the Trasparenze Capriccio Tights. As soon as they arrive and I get a chance to wear them I will give them a review for all.

In the meantime, this week I am looking at panties. I want something brief-like that is also classic, sexy, and has plenty of sheerness. Once again I have narrowed it down to three possibilities and, once again, I humbly seek reader advice as to which of these I should buy.

Playful Promises Miss Showgirl High Waisted Brief

I have not purchased anything from Playful Promises before, but one look at the Miss Showgirl High Waisted Brief has me thinking that this may be about to change. I stumbled upon these recently while browsing La Magia looking for new styles and stopped dead in my tracks. This showgirl is a showstopper.

There is quite a bit to like about these. They possess many of the attributes of the vintage pin up girl panty that I am always a huge fan of. They have a high rise that ascends to just below the navel. Despite the coverage, they are made from a sheer material that leaves little to the imagination. Finally, they have four vertical columns of stitching, two in the front that end with pink buttons in a keyhole detail.

The panty is a lilac color which makes them even that more unique as this style is most often done in black. The stitching and the buttons are both florescent pink, while the keyhole detail is outlined in lilac satin. Are these panties not completely gorgeous? They are available in small, medium, and large and cost £13 ($21).

Kiss Me Deadly Alouette Brief

I have had the opportunity to buy a few different items from Kiss Me Deadly, and they are all among my favorites. Kiss Me Deadly, who often draw inspiration from classic literature, claims that the theme behind the Alouette line is a Hans Christian Anderson story that's "full of female characters and great quotes". I must confess, I last read Hans Christian Anderson about 15 years ago in high school, but I can find no fault with the finished product, born from the Anderson image.

While also briefs, the Alouette has less coverage than the Miss Showgirl. It sits lower in the front, while still providing a good deal of coverage in the back. It is done in rose laden black lace. It also has a large pink bow in the back. As you can probably see from the picture it is very sheer, save for a lace overlay across the front. It is described by KMD as the most glamorous basic you should own. Who am I to argue?

It is part of a set that also includes a plunge bra and waist cincher with six removable straps. Of course the set wouldn't be complete without a pair of stockings, which KMD can provide as well. The briefs come in small through extra large and cost £16.25 ($26).

Mary Green Nouveau Retro Blush Silk Pantie

When it comes to classic retro lingerie, few do it better than Dollhouse Bettie. That would most certainly include the Mary Green Nouveau Retro Silk Pantie, pictured here in Blush color. Mary Green is a San Francisco designer who sells much of her product through San Francisco-based Dollhouse Bettie. Judging by the silk pantie, I'm going to really like Mary Green.

This is a high waist panty done in a 'retro full cut'. It's done in luxury stretch silk charmeuse. The website boasts that they are one of the most comfortable "to show up on the scene". The silk material tells me that they're going to feel great. They are further embellished with stretch lace inserts that descend down either side of the front of the panty.

Exclusive of trim they are made entirely from silk and lycra. They are available in small, medium, and large and can fit up to a 42 inch hip. Finally, they cost $31.25.

As you can probably tell, I am madly in love with all three of these styles. Which to choose? Well, that is up to you. As always, I am looking forward to hearing any and all opinions on these.

No comments:

Post a Comment