Powered by Blogger.

One of Three

Thursday, October 15, 2009

I guess I'm calling this week's installment 'One of Three...The Immediate Gratification Edition'. I say this because the idea behind 'One of Three' was to let commenter's pick the item, and then review it. So what's missing? Yeah, you guessed it: reviews. This is because I'm still waiting for things to arrive in the mail. So, instead of placing another order this week, I'm gonna walk to couple of blocks over to the Back Bay and buy one of these three pairs of tights. That way, I can finally get a review up here.

At any rate, thanks to all who commented last week. It seemed a pretty overwhelming majority liked the Miss Showgirl High Waisted Brief, by Playful Promises. So that one is...er...in the mail. On to this week:

bebe Stitched Fishnet Tights

In some ways, the name probably says it all. bebe is never short on sexy, and they currently have several different styles of fishnet tights to choose from. I chose the Stitched Fishnet Tights to display here. I liked this style because, in addition to the regular fishnet pattern, it had a diamond shaped pattern that continued down the length of both legs.

The tights have a reinforced toe and are otherwise sheer to the panty. The diamond pattern also starts at the toe and continues to the panty. I'm always liking fishnets, but the diamond pattern adds even a little more sexiness to the normal fishnet look.

The tights come in black only. They come in two sizes, either a petite/small or a medium large. They are a blend of nylon and spandex, but the specific breakdown was not readily available on the website. These tights cost $12.

Anthropologie Full Bloom Tights

On a recent stop into an Anthropologie store, I was taken by the amount of tights they were offering. They had quite a collection going that involved lots of different styles, colors, and patterns. While they certainly seem to draw their inspiration for their clothing style from a different place than bebe, much of what they do is really well done, tights certainly included.

I actually had a difficult time picking a specific style out of their vast collection, but finally settled on the Full Bloom Tights, by Eloise. I liked that they were patterned tights, but they still had a good amount of sheerness to them. On top of sheer black tights is a flower & leaf pattern that is spotted throughout on both legs. These tights are pretty and feminine, but also functional for a variety of different situations. The pattern is infused nicely without going over the top.

These tights are also black only. They come in either small/medium or medium/large. Again, it's nylon and spandex without a specific breakdown available. These tights cost $18.

Free People Flower Tattoo Fishnets

There must be an emphasis on tights this season at the Urban Outfitters family, because all of their stores are rolling them out in bunches. Once again there was a number of different styles I could have gone with, but I kept coming back to the Flower Tattoo Fishnets. I guess if the first option is fishnets and the second is flowers...why not combine them with the third option? In addition, the tattoo tights are gaining steadily in popularity, and I've yet to own a pair. These would certainly do.

Once again, these are your basic fishnet tights. On the back of each leg, down by the ankle is a flower design. It is supposed to create the appearance of a tattoo on the leg, covered by the fishnets. I think they certainly look good in the picture. Together, the flower with the fishnet do a great job in combining feminine and sexy. These tights seem really well done.

These tights come in black only and are the dreaded one size. They are a blend of 88% nylon and 12% spandex. They cost $14.

I really feel like I can't go wrong with any of the three. I like them all. Which one to choose? Well, as always, that is up to you. I always love hearing all of your opinions and I'm looking forward to seeing which one everyone likes the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment