Powered by Blogger.

Key To My Heart

Wednesday, October 7, 2009


It's been a while since I shopped at La Perla. No, I'm no less in love with...well...pretty much everything they make. It's just that sometimes it can be too difficult to just look, without buying. Why? Because the stuff they make is part foundation garment, part artwork. Their products are in a class by themselves to the point where few bother even trying to imitate.

Today I had a look at the Castle Key High Waisted Brief by La Perla, and my jaw literally dropped. Anyone who has been reading my blog since it began probably knows how I might feel about this particular piece of lingerie. It's a throwback to a different place and time. It embodies vintage classiness while it oozes sexiness that a g-string a fraction of its size could never come near.

Like a pin up panty, it rises high, elevating above the navel. It has a wide silk waistband that sits...at the waist. It is see through tulle with an extra layer down the front and it is embellished with lace embroidered detail at the hips.

The backside is a double layer of tulle with a zipper that descends halfway down the garment to make it easier to put on and remove. It is hand made in Italy, entirely from silk and elastane. It is perfect.

It is available in black and white (personally I prefer the white because the detail just pops better). It is available in petite, small, medium, and large. Even as La Perla goes, it is quite expensive at $244. But I'm tempted, oh so tempted. Could any other panty be so......me?

No comments:

Post a Comment