Powered by Blogger.

Satin Made Me Do It

Saturday, May 10, 2008



My earliest attractions to panties were mainly a result of the softness and silkiness of the full coverage nylon panties that were common at department stores. After all, who doesn't like the feeling of soft nylon up against their skin? When shopping at an early age, before I had worked up the courage to buy panties, I would linger extra long in the lingerie section at department stores, looking at the endless racks of shiny nylon panties.

By the time I had reached the point where I was ready to shop, Victoria's Secret stores had opened up at all of the local malls. I remember them at that time: the white pillars as you entered the store, the pink walls with hearts on them, and of course, tables and walls all covered with panties, as far as the eye could see.

My love for the soft and shiny fabrics has not changed, and I was immediately on the lookout for the shiniest panties in the store. At the time, Victoria's Secret has the Second Skin Satin collection. I bought at least 4 pairs to begin with. I returned often and bought more. As time passed I would look forward to the changes in season and the new colors and patterns that would come out, I would always stock up, first chance I got. I was accumulating quite a few pairs.

A few years back, that all changed. Victoria's Secret discontinued carrying that line in their stores. Everything became cotton and lace, with the occasional satin mixed in, but the Second Skin Satin line was a thing of the past. I suppose they had become outdated, no longer stylish. But for me, I thought it was a shame. Sure, I could still get them online, but in just a few solid colors, that never changed. And it was just different. I had always been drawn to that table, to the 'buy 2 get 2 free' deal, to see what new colors they had added, to undoubtedly add another 4 pairs to my purchase that day.

I always hope that they come back some day. I walk buy their store and hope to see them in their window: 'Now Back By Popular Demand!'. So far it hasn't happened. I always regret throwing so many pairs away in the late 90s. I didn't know how lucky I was then. I didn't realize a time would come when I wouldn't have the opportunity to replace them.

No comments:

Post a Comment