Powered by Blogger.

Tights Tuesday: New From MaxMara

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Regular readers of this blog know that I have a huge crush on tights from MaxMara. A few years back, as an afterthought, I added a pair of MaxMara tights to an already rather large order during a particularly good sale. When I received my order, they were tossed aside and forgotten. When I finally got around to wearing them, I couldn't believe how much I loved them, and I quickly went back to buy more...only to find out that there were no more...anywhere.

For a year or so, for whatever reason, MaxMara stopped making tights. I couldn't find their leg wear anywhere. Then, just as suddenly, they came back with new collections of tights, with lots of great styles and patterns. As you might expect, I scooped quite a few of them up, with a healthy sense of urgency.

The funny part is, once again, I haven't worn any of the new ones that I bought. I think, somewhere in my subconscious, I'm afraid that they might go away again. So instead of wearing them...I'm just hoarding them. I feel like the people who hit the supermarket before the snowstorm to stock up on non-perishable canned goods, afraid that I might be snowed in for the foreseeable future. And for those who come from warm-weather areas that don't see snow...trust me, there is a heavy dose of hoarding that goes on before the (alleged) big snowstorm. I'm sure there's a psychological condition for this...but I'm sure I know nothing about psychology. Maybe I can even coin the term for the phobia associated with fear that your favorite tights will no longer exist when you go back to buy more. ....I'll get back to you with the scientific name.

At any rate...these are next in line to be hoarded. Who knows? If I buy them, I may even break them out of the package......someday.












No comments:

Post a Comment