Powered by Blogger.

Secret Is Out

Friday, December 11, 2009

I believe this may be the first time I've profiled anything by the lingerie house of Christies. But they have recently released some new items as part of their 'Secret' collection, and they really are quite remarkable. I wanted to take a minute to point out a couple of my favorites.

Just like how it is the first time I've profiled anything by Christies, I believe this is also the first time I've profiled a bed jacket. But if you look at the picture here of the Christie's: Secret Bed Jacket, I think you can understand why I am taken by this piece. The sheer black along with the added lace detail really are quite stunning.

The jacket is done in sheer black and drapes down to around the upper thigh area. It also has sheer sleeves that stop just above the wrist. The sleeves and neck are accented by a lace ruffled fringe. Across the chest area is a beautiful delicate lace detail which accents the jacket quite well. Finally, a satin ribbon serves as a closure to the jacket. The black is simply plain black sheer. Every detail on this piece is perfect.

The jacket is made from 92% polyester and 8% spandex. It comes in sizes small, medium, and large in black only. It costs $239.

The second piece I wanted to look at has equally stunning detail. It is the Christie's: Secret Bustier. Technically, I don't know if this is really a bustier in the literal sense, but I can't say I care. Call it whatever you want, the fact is it is beautifully done.

Again sheer black with plenty of lace detail is how its done. It's done in a corset style with a narrow body closed by hook and eye in the back. The body is three sections, separated by boning, of a paisley type lace flanking a diamond lace design. Above that are the padded cups done in a darker molded lace with a lovely lace fringe on the edge. The back is free of design but done in a much less transparent, more opaque tone.

The bustier is done in 90% nylon, 8% spandex, and 2% polyester. It has four garter straps that are removable. It is sized according to bust size and is available in black only. It is made in Italy. It costs $370.

No comments:

Post a Comment