Powered by Blogger.

One of Three

Thursday, December 3, 2009

After taking a week off for the Thanksgiving holiday, One of Three is back! For those who are new or perhaps don't remember, I'm going to throw three different choices of lingerie/legwear out in this post. I ask the commenters to tell me which one is his/her favorite. Whichever gets the most love, I'll buy and review in an upcoming post.

This week I've decided to go with all things StockinGirl. StockinGirl is a great website as it serves as a sort of a warehouse for a few different manufacturers as well as some stuff that StockinGirl makes under their own label. As such, there's usually a great variety of styles and colors to choose from. Since I get email updates from them almost daily, quite a few things have caught my eye over recent weeks. I've been able to narrow it down to three, as always, the final choice is up to you. So please let me know.

Two weeks ago my 'One of Three' post involved dogstooth tights. Once again, it was amazingly close among all three choices, but the Levante Chevron Dogtooth Tights just barely eeked it out. Check back in a bit for a review of these once they come in.

On to this week:

Emma Colored Opaque Tights

Nothing too crazy about the Emma Colored Opaque Tights. No crazy patterns or fancy designs. What is great about these is that they're soft and warm, and they come in a HUGE variety of colors. Over the recent weeks, I've taken note of several different comments asking me about both warm opaque tights for the coming winter, as well as brightly colored tights to add a little color to an outfit. These tights do a great job of giving you both.

They're available in nine different colors including choices such as red wine, ballerina pink, and khaki, as well as more basic choices like black, espresso, and navy. If you pick these, feel free to choose a specific color, as well, and I'll try to get them in that specific color. In addition to the wide range of colors, these tights are less sheer than many of the ones I review here. If you're looking for a review on a warmer pair of tights, these would make a perfect choice.

The tights are a blend of 85% microfibre and 15% lycra. As mentioned above, they are opague, at 30 denier. In addition to the colors mentioned above, they also come in pecan, light tan, and steel. The tights come in four sizes ranging from small to extra large. They should fit anyone ranging in heights from 4'11" to 5'11" comfortably. These tights cost $17.99.

Clara Swiss Dotted Pantyhose

Lately, I've been on a bit of a dotted tights kick. I found the Clara Swiss Dotted Pantyhose on StockinGirl and immediately fell in love with them. These are made from 100% nylon, which is a bit rare for pantyhose these days.

These tights combine two of my legwear loves, dots and sheer pantyhose, I love how they can be both sexy and smart at the same time. Here in the photo they look great extending out from under a long coat. They'd be just as good under a black business suit or even a more casual skirt.

In addition to being 100% nylon, these pantyhose are very sheer. They are available in both light grey (pictured here) and dark grey. I don't really own many light gray tights, so I think I might like that color. It would be a perfectly unique addition to my tights collection. The Swiss Dotted Pantyhose come in 3 different sizes, fitting anyone from 4'11" to 6'1". These tights cost $21.99.


Ultra Sheer Colored Leggings

Again, I can't get over some of the bright colors I'm seeing on this website. That is what drew me to the Ultra Sheer Colored Leggings. Unlike the colored leggings I looked at earlier this week, these are very sheer and show quite a bit through.

As you can see from the picture, these look great, either worn with dresses or skirts. I'm just taken by how soft and delicate they look. They seem like they'd just feel great on the legs. They can come down to the wearer's ankle or be scrunched up higher on the leg.

These leggings are 100% nylon. They come in colors white, black, red, or hot pink. They're one size fits most. They cost $14.99.

So one things for certain...I'll be swiping my credit card for StockinGirl in the near future. But for what, exactly? Are bright colors and warm opaques the way to go? Or are the current fashion trend of the dotted pantyhose too good to pass up? Maybe the sheer leggings would make for a better purchase and review.

Either way, it's up to you to decide. Whichever style gets the most comments will be featured in an upcoming review. As always, I'm looking forward to hearing what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment