Powered by Blogger.

What a Contrast

Thursday, July 3, 2008



Am I talking about the contrasting colors on these stockings? Or am I talking about the contrast in feel from the Wolford stockings I had on yesterday? Probably a little bit of both.

Pictured here are the Vintage Retro Style Contrast Welt RHT 100% Nylon Stockings from stockingirl.com. The website admits that they are "retro inspired". But they do have a pretty decent authentic feel to them. The website also said that I'd love the feel of the 100% nylon with "a touch of silicone for extra softness". Do I love them? No, probably not. But they're nice.

I do love the look of them. They are a 15 denier, so they have a good amount of sheerness to them. They also come with a reinforced heel and toe. I got the gray on gray (they offer four different color contrasts), not really knowing what to expect, but I did end up liking the look of this color. It's a little break from the typical stocking colors, which can be fun, and can be done easily when they are hidden safely under True Religion. Only I am allowed the occasional look when my legs are extended under my desk.

They also feel good. But the contrast from the feeling of the Wolford stocking from yesterday is tough not to notice. It's not fair because it's an apples and oranges comparison, since the Wolford stockings were a nylon/elastane blend and these are not. All in all, for slightly less than the price of the Wolford stockings ($18.99) I think these are a pretty good purchase. You sacrifice some of the luxury, but you a rewarded with a pretty unique look.

No comments:

Post a Comment