Powered by Blogger.

Austrian for Luxury

Wednesday, July 2, 2008


Pictured here are the Wolford Individual 10 Stockings. I was excited to try these stockings the moment I bought them. Wolford makes their stockings in Austria, but they have opened a couple of boutiques in my area. In addition, they sell their stockings in some of the more upscale department stores around, such as Bloomingdale's, Saks, or Neiman Marcus.

I bought the ones pictured here in their Chestnut Hill boutique for $26. They are their very basic no bells or whistles stocking. If you want to purchase stockings with more detail, such as decorative tops, you're looking at anywhere from $10 more to double the price.

So are these worth it? I'm saying yes. On the package, they call these stockings "Luxury on the skin". While I suppose that's always going to be a matter of opinion, I think they feel great. They are an 85/15 blend of nylon and elastane. They fit nicely to the leg, feel sturdy, and won't stretch out after a wear or two. They are 10 denier with a kind of matte finish. They are very soft and very transparent with a slight reinforcement on the toe.

I bought the size large, which is supposed to fit someone 5'5" to 5'8". I'm 5'10" but these stockings ended up coming up above my mid-thigh. I am wearing my garter belt below my waist and needed to shorten the straps as much as possible before attaching the stocking. So if you have longer legs or are taller than 5'8" don't let the size chart scare you away, you can probably still wear these quite comfortably. And you should, because you're going to like them.

Do you want to feel "Luxury on the skin" but don't have a boutique near you? No worries. Among the many places where Wolford stockings can be found, you can get them at their website or at Nancy Meyer.

No comments:

Post a Comment