Powered by Blogger.

When I'm Not Blogging...

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Today's question comes from Sher of the lovely Beneath the Crystal Stars:

I would love to know what you do outside of blogging and what are your favorite blogs.

I have many favorite blogs, and certainly Beneath the Crystal Stars is one of them. Many of the blogs who were nice enough to send in questions also happen to be the ones I frequent most often. I honestly have dozens of blogs I try to hit everyday. So I'm not going to list them because I'm afraid of missing someone. And if you think that's a cop out...well, you know me to well ;-).

I've been thinking about what I spend the most time doing outside of eating out, working, blogging, and watching College Football and European Soccer. And...I've come up with a list!

5. Traveling: I try to get away somewhere at least once a year and I always prefer seeing someplace new, if at all possible (well...either that or Vegas...). I particularly enjoy seeing Europe. I also often try to center my trips around places with wine regions, as that is another love of mine. As I type this, I'm resisting the urge to sneak away and look up travel destinations, instead. It's been too long since I've gone somewhere.

4. Reading: Yes...I'm one of those people who likes to obnoxiously read three books at once. What can I say? As I discussed in my previous post, I'm a recent graduate. Now that I'm not reading about exciting topics such as the 'future value of an annuity due' out of textbooks that weigh down on my shoulder as I carry them around all day long, I've realized that I actually enjoy reading. I read a little of everything, but lately I've been leaning towards books that focus on current events.

3. Shopping: Did you all know that about me? Yeah I shop and then I shop some more. And yeah, a lot of that shopping is tights/lingerie related. But not all of it. I certainly spend a good bit of time here at my desk shopping online...but hey, that's research for my blog! I also happen to work a block or two away from some of the more fun, trendy shops in the city, so when the weather is nice I always like to drop in some of these places and see what's going on.

2. Cooking: I love to cook. There's is something incredibly rewarding about creating your own meal, uncorking a bottle of Cotes du Rhone and sitting down to a nice meal. I love to entertain as well, so it's always fun to surround myself with friends and cook up a little somethin' to eat. I don't really have a favorite dish to prepare as I always much rather go out on a limb and try something new and challenging. Yeah, I mess a lot of stuff up that way...but...there's always pizza delivery, so there's that too.....

1. Running: I've run all my life, but it used to be an on and off thing like, 'damn, I gotta lose a few pounds, I'm going to go run'. More recently it's become my number one hobby (okay, you all know what my number one hobby is, but indulge me, here). Yes, I am one of those ridiculous people who claims to get a runner's high. Do I really? I don't know. I do know I become insufferable if I let more than a day go between runs, so maybe there's something to it. I like being outside and I like the time away from any distractions. I can be a great head-clearing tool.

...if my head wasn't already empty...

No comments:

Post a Comment