Powered by Blogger.

Listomania

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Ironically, and I do like that song, neither the band nor the title show up anywhere on this post.

From Keith, who reminds us that Coolness Is Timeless:

I've got a question for you. It actually has nothing to do with lingerie. I thought I would ask it. What kind of music do you like?

Poor Keith was probably expecting a two or three sentence answer. But since I'm hitting you with mammoth blog posts, I'm going to keep it up. I have not one, but sever lists for this one. Here goes:

My latest crushes:
  1. Yeah Yeah Yeahs
  2. Lilly Allen
  3. MGMT
  4. Spoon
  5. Vampire Weekend
  6. Metric

For Keith:
  1. Frank Sinatra
  2. Dean Martin
  3. Sammy Davis Jr.
From my college days:
  1. President of the USA
  2. Fountains of Wayne
  3. Foo Fighters
  4. Veruca Salt
  5. Garbage
For my inner anarchist:
  1. The Sex Pistols
  2. Rancid
  3. The Clash
For when I'm wearing flannel:
  1. Soundgarden
  2. Soul Asylum
  3. Alice in Chains
  4. Pearl Jam
  5. Nirvana

When I'm feeling new wave, or my inner anarchist has given up:
  1. Joy Division
  2. Psychedelic Furs
  3. New Order
  4. Depeche Mode
  5. The Cure
Big ups to Boston:
  1. Guster
  2. The Pixies
  3. Juliana Hatfield
  4. The Lemonheads
  5. Papas Fritas
  6. Letters to Cleo
When I need a big beat:
  1. Chemical Brothers
  2. Moby
  3. Fatboy Slim

When I need a trippier beat:
  1. Sneaker Pimps
  2. Massive Attack
  3. Portishead
When I'm all gangsta:
  1. Dr. Dre
  2. Ice Cube
  3. Wu-tang Clan
For a kinder, gentler hip hop:
  1. The Roots
  2. Jurassic 5
  3. Beastie Boys
Bad News: I've been stranded on a desert island with no food. Good News: I got my ipod with my top 10 songs on it:
  1. Pixies - Here Comes Your Man
  2. Spoon - The Underdog
  3. Nirvana - Aneurysm
  4. Pavement - Cut Your Hair
  5. MGMT - Kids
  6. Radiohead - Fake Plastic Trees
  7. Cracker - Teen Angst
  8. Vampire Weekend - Oxford Comma
  9. The Clash - Lost in the Supermarket
  10. Dandy Warhols - Bohemian Like You
Please don't laugh at any of this. It took a tremendous amount of soul-searching....

No comments:

Post a Comment