Powered by Blogger.

Friday Randomness

Friday, August 13, 2010

A few weeks of Q&A have helped me come up with a few ideas to keep this blog fresh. One such idea is to kind of have a theme for each post in accordance to day of the week. It's something I sorta tried doing before, but this time I'm going to keep a more formal theme and see how it goes. What can I say? I crave structure. I'm left-brained.

It's interesting that I picked today to reveal this, as my idea for Friday is no structure. Just random thoughts. I figured it's my chance to pull in non-lingerie items I so much enjoyed talking about over the last two weeks. So I may talk tights, I may not. Whatever. It's my blog, don't fight with me about it.

Just kidding, actually, as I begin to roll out new format, I'd love to hear what people think. Especially if its awful. If I'm posting crap, I definitely want to know.

For example...yesterday I got a comment from Cafe Fashionista that made me want to start my life over (not in a bad way). To paraphrase, she suggested that I write a memoir about my various trips to Europe, centering it around lingerie, but also pulling in other aspects of them such as places I went and cuisine I ate, etc. I absolutely love the idea, but it made me wish I brought a journal with me or something. I'm not typically a journal-keeper, but now I wish I was. I feel like it could help me form more coherent thoughts about places I've been and things I've done in the past. ...oh well.

My trips to Europe have certainly not been without lingerie shopping, but I don't remember a lot of specifics, other than the fact that there seems to be much more there in the way of variety than here. Same with food & drink. When I talk about my (somewhat) recent trip to Florence, I inevitably mention that it was some of the best eating and wine drinking I've ever done. But I don't have a lot of specifics to back that statement up with. Thus...next time I go...I'm bringin' a journal.

In other news...I've run approximately 22 miles in the last 7 days. I came to realize that, while I like all the songs on my itunes...some of them positively suck to run to. So I created a 338 song playlist for running only. Here's some of the highlights (in my opinion) from the six miles I did yesterday...
  • Foo Fighters - Learn to Fly
  • INXS - Don't Change
  • Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Gold Lion
  • Vampire Weekend - Oxford Comma
  • Nirvana - Smells Like Teen Spirit
  • The Cure - Inbetween Days
  • Franz Ferdinand - Do You Want To
  • The XX - Crystalised
  • Dear Leader - Nightmare Alleys
  • The Editors - An End Has a Start

No comments:

Post a Comment