Powered by Blogger.

A Rosy Review

Tuesday, November 3, 2009


A few weeks back on my usual 'One of Three' Thursday post, I threw three different pairs of tights up on the post and asked readers to pick one for review. Instead, as it turns out, I will be reviewing two as support was split down the middle for 2 of the 3 tights. In the next day or two, you can expect a review for the Flower Tattoo Fishnets from Free People. But today, the review will be for the Full Bloom Tights from Anthropologie.

The tights are actually made for Antrhopologie by Eloise. As far as I can recall, this is my first pair of Eloise tights, so I was anxious to give them a try.

The first thing I noticed was that they seemed very long. I thought they were either going to be huge on me, or not have much stretch. I noticed the fabric breakdown (88% nylon and 12% spandex) was pretty similar to most Wolford tights, which always have very good stretch, so I thought for sure they were going to be huge.

Strangely they weren't. These tights have stretch where they need it, but aren't really made to stretch all that much. What that seems to mean is that the pattern doesn't really stretch much, meaning even if your leg doesn't look like the mannequin leg here, the pattern on the tights will. I stopped to take a quick look at the couple of reviews on the website, and they seemed to confirm this. They all raved about the fit. It's true, too, with just minimal adjustment when you put these on, the pattern will look great on your legs and the fit from the tights couldn't be more comfortable. Furthermore, if you're a bit shorter, you can buy the smaller size and get a good fit out of that. I am by no means a giant, but the m/l fit me well and probably could have fit someone much taller than me.

There's no denier count listed on these tights, but if I had to guess, I'd go with around 20. Where there is no floral pattern, the tights are sheer but not super sheer. The pattern goes right down to the tip of the toe, and extends up to pretty much to top of the thigh. There is a panty top to these tights that's shaped like a boy short. It wont really extend down your leg at all, so I'm thinking these would be fine with pretty much any length of skirt imaginable.

All in all, I think this is a great buy. I noticed that Antropologie has many Eloise tights there in a variety of patterns and sheerness. It's probably worth it to check out more of these. At a price of $18, I'd say these compare very favorably to much more expensive brands like Falke and Wolford.

No comments:

Post a Comment