Powered by Blogger.

Just When I Thought I Had Tried Them All...

Monday, November 16, 2009

I was pretty sure I had seen and tried most of what was out there in the tights market. Of the higher quality brands, I have checked out my share of Wolford, Falke, and La Perla, among many others. So how had I not heard of Fogal?

Unlike some of these other brands, they're not readily available on most hosiery websites. Unlike Wolford and La Perla, they don't have stores set up in my home city. So it took a trip to the Midwest before I stumbled upon these. While walking through a mall I saw the many varieties of hosiery in their window and immediately went in to check them out.

They are apparently the Swiss neighbors to Austria's Wolford. Like Wolford they have a variety of looks, and tons of quality. They're obviously a little harder to find, but worth checking out.

The Caresse is one of their basic sheers and a good one to check out, if, like me, you're just getting to know Fogal. They're completely sheer throughout. They are among the softest tights I've ever come across, yes, Wolford included. They have a silky feel to them that oozes luxury. They have a matte finish and they're oh so great feeling. They're aptly named, as they really do caress your legs as you wear them.

They are 64% nylon and 36% lycra. They don't list a specific denier count, but they are among the most sheer of Fogal's collection. They are available in a wide variety of colors and a huge selection of sizes. For those who don't know Fogal (as I didn't) they are a great place to start. They cost 53.50 CAD (About $51 USD). They're certainly not inexpensive, but, as a luxury, I'd definitely suggest checking them out.

No comments:

Post a Comment