Powered by Blogger.

(Mid)Season of the Wolf

Monday, November 2, 2009

My absolute favorite brand in leg wear, Wolford, has just released a limited mid-season collection to supplement its fall release several months back. Back then I did a pretty in-depth profile, so I'm back now to take a look over the next week or so at some of the new stuff that has caught my eye. As always, there is plenty of great stuff, and if their prices seem a bit prohibitive, it's usually worthwhile to keep an eye on anything you like. They tend to have huge price cuts right after the holiday season.

Right at the top, I think you have to start with the Souvenier Tights. These are lace tights at their absolute best. What I like about Wolford, whenever they tend to do any sort of patterned tights, is that they maintain the pattern throughout. Some other brands will start patterns at the bottom of the panty or end patterns before the ankle or toe, but Wolford never seems to do so. As a result, there tends to never be any restrictions as far as how you may want to dress these up or down.

In this case, it's a stunning floral lace designed that spared none of the details. It is lace detail on top of a tulle finish. The lace pattern is flowers and arabesques. You can also barely see it, but there is a back seam that descends down the middle of the legs, finishing these tights off quite nicely. There might not be anything more stunning than these this season. They are quite a show-stopper.

The tights are 100% nylon and and have a logo waistband. They cost £72.00 (about $118). Also they are available in a stay up, which costs £48.00 ($79).

I'm also completely in love with the Diamond Tights. Lately, when it comes to patterned tights, it seems Wolford is doing more and more with multi-colored tights. I reviewed that type of pair last week in the Luna Tights. While the Diamond Tights are a different sort of detail, I am just as much in love with their style.

While you can get these tights in black on black or black on anthracite (apparently a sort of charcoal color), I'm not sure when you would. To really see the detail, you need to opt for the sahara on black, I think. It starts with a black, soft-knit waistband. Just beneath their is a diamond side side stripes done in an opaque black. The rest of the tights is done in a black diamond pattern over the sheer sahara. Both diamond patterns continue all the way down to the toes. I love the way these tights look.

The tights are 48% nylon, 41% polyester, and 11% elastane, so I would anticipate a almost spandex-like feel to these. The are 20 denier, so they are still pretty sheer, despite the black diamonds being described as opaque. They cost £29.00 (about $48).

Stay tuned. Much much more to come...

Finally, I'd be remiss if I didn't thank three awsome bloggers, who bestowed awards on me over the past few days. Thank you all very much and know that I am very much addicted to all of your blogs. I will give these awards their proper attention in upcoming posts.

Jennifer Fabulous of I Know, Right? passed along a Beutiful Blogger award.

Midtown Girl passed along an Over the Top award. -and-

Keith of The Dino Lounge passed along a Your Blog Is Better Than Ice Cream award.

Thanks to all three of you.

If you're not checking these blogs already, you most certainly should be.

No comments:

Post a Comment