Powered by Blogger.

Youthquaker

Wednesday, October 29, 2008


So I just finished reading "Edie: An American Biography" by Jean Stein for my art class and have since been completely obsessed with all things Edie Sedgwick. I have convinced myself that if I wear black tights everyday, cut off my hair and dye it silver I could achieve her amazing style and fashion presence. Probably not. 
 
However, one aspect of Andy Warhol's muse that I can carry into my everyday dress are her earrings. Numerous interviews in the book cited her strange assortment of huge, shoulder-skimming earrings that she always wore. Though no doubt accented by her pixie haircut, I think really any length of hair could rock earrings like this. One of my favorite things she says is when she describes how she swishes her earrings like most people swish their hair, which is something I have done since I was little. I just think that large, somewhat excessive earrings are such a fun and eclectic way to make a statement that can be so simply achieved. They're very princess meets rock goddess. If that makes any sense. 

All earrings from Urban Outfitters and Forever 21. 

Smile for me, baby.
-LoLita

No comments:

Post a Comment