Powered by Blogger.

Diving Back In To My Tights Drawer

Tuesday, October 21, 2008


It has been getting cold lately in my neck of the woods. It seems to have happened overnight. Sure, when I go out around midday, and the sun is high in the sky it's not that bad. But first thing in the morning when I head out for a run, it has gotten pretty chilly. I even have to defrost my car in the morning before I go anywhere.

Some people may not like this, but I've always preferred fall. I've never been a fan of oppressive heat or the high humidity I'm often subjected to in my area. I prefer the crisp weather of fall. It's cool, but not too cold, the air just feels fresher and cleaner, and you can walk out fully clothed and not feel like passing out.

That can only mean it's stockings season again. I made it through the spring and braved a good part of the summer in stockings, but after a while, it became unbearable. Not anymore. This morning I was able to pull out a pair of Wolford tights that I had bought months ago, and finally give them a try.

As always, they are lovely. When the salesgirl first pointed them out to me, I wasn't sure. There seemed to be a lot going on. But she convinced me to buy them (yeah, THAT was a lot of work for her), and as always, I'm glad I did. The website says these tights create "delightful confusion". While that's certainly an interesting way of putting it, that's probably true. There is a fishnet effect on the tights which completely cover the toe and travel up to mid thigh, where it meets a horizontal solid stripe, which creates a fishnet thigh high look. In addition, there is a side seam down the outside of both legs. The panty itself is sheer. They are 20 denier and an 85/15 blend of nylon and elastane.

I absolutely adore the look of these tights. They look very very sexy once you put them on. I would imagine that they would draw quite a bit of attention, as they are hard to look away from. Since they are Wolford, you know they will feel great. They aren't cheap, and I had to pay full price, but I'm glad I did. If you're in the mood to add to your Wolford collection, you can go here, and get them for £34.00. I paid about the equivalent at their nearby retail store. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment