Powered by Blogger.

Obamarama

Friday, October 31, 2008

Last night Barack Obama came to my school! My friends and I volunteered at 4 o'clock to help sign people into the event and pass out tickets. Here's us looking oh-so-official and volunteer-y:

Because we volunteered we were able to get into the event early, which was wonderful considering that people had been lining up all day for an event that didn't actually start until 9:30. We were about fifty feet away and had a fairly uninterrupted view of Obama for the entire speech. He discussed his policies on education, taxes, and the Peace Corps, (which I am particularly excited about, considering that if his plan is implemented I would get a significant amount of money for college!). His main message, which I would say is my my main message and reason for posting this, was to VOTE ON NOVEMBER 4TH! 

I thoroughly enjoyed the evening of hanging out with friends, cheering on Obama, crying when Haley's car broke down, getting McDonald's, and MAKING HISTORY!


Photos courtesy of my beautiful friend Marion, the one next to me in the top pic with the sexy short haircut. 

Smile for me, baby. (And get out there and vote on Tuesday!)
-LoLita

No comments:

Post a Comment