Powered by Blogger.

The Bodysuit Search - Chapter 1

Thursday, October 23, 2008


I have never owned or even tried on a bodysuit. That is about to change. That is, once Agent Provocateur finally opens its doors on Newbury Street, or I break down and buy one elsewhere. When I mentioned a few weeks ago that I stumbled upon the soon-to-be home of Agent Provocateur Boston, my blogger-friend Treacle of Stockings Addict pointed out the lovely Maschina barb-wire bodysuit pictured here and available online.

If you read her blog (and why wouldn't you?) she has recently sung the virtues of bodysuits. This alone would've piqued my interest in bodysuits, but when she pointed out this particular one from AP, I'm officially intrigued. After all, after months of blogging about the goods and evils of lingerie (from my somewhat unique perspective) isn't it time I got myself into a bodysuit? The answer is 'yes' just in case you were wondering.

Along with the Maschina barb-wire bodysuit, AP offers several others. This includes the Kimiyo, adorned with lovely butterflies, and the Iona in all its leopard print glory. Along with these options, AP offers a few basques, which, as nice as they are, don't really fit into the criteria. So, at the end of the day, I agree that the Maschina barb-wire, with its detachable suspender straps is the way to go.

So I'm stuck here waiting for the Agent Provocateur to finally open. In the meantime, I run the risk of giving into the temptation of swinging into my local Wolford of perhaps La Perla to give their bodysuits a go. If you know me at all, you know I'm all about the immediate gratification. Not knowing when AP will open its doors is starting to annoy me ever so slightly.

The good news is, I have a little something to keep this blog going for a while. In addition to the AP bodysuits, I can check out the bodysuits from the designers above, and perhaps others, who knows. And finally, at some point, there will be a purchase! ...And then a review!

...So I hope you stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment