Powered by Blogger.

Madame Arcati graciously returns for Christmas

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Goodness, how time flies. Anyway, Madame Arcati is back for the panto season, a little early, mind; rather like those unwelcome Siberian swans flying into Slimbridge. If someone had the nous to shoot them over the North Sea we'd be saved lots of drama queen autumn weather warnings on TV.

What have I been up to since I gave up blogging in June?, you ask. I wrote one or two pieces for the delightful Anorak site but quite honestly I prefer my own shelter. I'm not one for sharing or mediation. Otherwise I have been absorbed in the timeless wisdom of astrology and its tricky charts: so that in addition to my legendary sharp eye and perpicacious mind, I now offer you penetrating insights normally occluded by mere intellect. Don't you feel Christmas has come early?

One thing I want to draw attention to before I leave you for now is Molly Parkin's utterly brilliant and funny memoirs, Welcome to Mollywood, published this week. Not only did I think up the title in a moment of Croatian reverie last summer but Madame Arcati and her pupper-master feature in it. Naturally I shall review it; I just can't wait for you to read it (my review). It's a feelgood for the slightly pervy (her book).

I am sooo glad to be back among you. Put the word out, won't you dearies.

No comments:

Post a Comment