Powered by Blogger.

Alexa Chung in November 2010 UK Elle speaks on eating disorders.

Saturday, October 9, 2010








One of the hottest fashion/TV properties around is the stunning Alexa Chung. The model-turned-TV-presenter is Elle the UK November 2010 covergirl, and in the interviews she sets the record straight about speculation over her weight. "I cannot express how frustrating it is to not be believed when you say, 'I don't have an eating disorder,'" she reveals. "I am naturally very thin. I get even thinner when I'm stressed. And you cannot imagine how stressed I was last year."

The stress she speaks of was due to cancelled MTV talk show in the US, It's On with Alexa Chung (oooh, I still hope we get it here; I love the Brit cool that is Alexa).

"Anyone could see that I wasn't doing great and I wasn't coping," she adds. "It angers me because I don't want to be a pin-up for young girls just for being thin. I don't want to be admired for being thin as opposed to being dressed well, and I don't want the two to get confused."

Other excerpts include:

On America: “In New York, everything is insanely work orientated. It’s been a lesson-you can’t come here and not work really, really hard. I haven’t tried to ‘break America’ but I have learnt that I’m ambitious. It’s just not focused. I want to be good at lots of things.”

On drugs: “I’m too much of a show-off not to have done all this. I’d have been a nightmare otherwise. Imagine if I hadn’t had a way to express myself! It’s why I don’t do drugs. I’ve never ever tried coke. My friends are like, ‘Alexa, no!’ I would be a real problem.”

Click on this link to see a behind-the-scenes video from the Elle shoot, which pays tribute to '60s icons including Jean Shrimpton and Julie Christie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=riAH8FjJOxg&feature=player_embedded

No comments:

Post a Comment