Powered by Blogger.

'It's For My Boyfriend'

Friday, October 15, 2010

As any regular reader of this blog would know, no matter what, I always like to keep things light, here. But I'd like to warn you, up-front, that I am going to get a little bit deeper today. In other words, this post is probably going to be missing my usual sense of humor, and may be absent any pictures (I haven't quite decided that part yet). If that's not your thing (and who could blame you?) feel free to put my blog on the shelf this weekend, I'll be back to my more typical posts on Monday. No hard feelings.

Depending upon your own personal perspective of lingerie, it can range anywhere between something that is to be enjoyed to something that is, at the very least, neutral. In other words, it would be a stretch, in my opinion, to find anything bad or evil about it. But...we all do have opinions. Today, I search out the opinion of you, the reader, beyond 'oh these tights are sexy' or 'hmmm this thong isn't exactly my style' (again, it isn't too late to turn back and not come visit until Monday). If you're still here, though, my goal is to create some sort of discussion. I don't typically reply to comments, but my plan is to on this particular post. I know, on the average day most comments come from (genetic, as they are sometimes referred to) females, and it's certainly their opinion I'm most interested in, but commenting, as always, is open to all.

I spend a certain amount of time each day searching the web for material for my blog posts (I know, tough job). Typically, that means hitting my favorite shopping websites and pulling out something new and/or interesting that I want to spend a minute talking about. In noticing that I was becoming strictly a shopping blog, I set aside two days a week to talk about something else (celebs on Wednesday and myself on Fridays...though I copped out of that part by running guest posts for a bit). So in my searching for non-shopping topics, I came across a couple of interesting websites this week:

One is a Hub Page by a woman named 'Hope Alexander' which focuses generally on fashion but has many specific posts encouraging men to wear lingerie as well as female clothing and accessories.

The second is by a woman named 'Lucy' who has an entire website dedicated to cross dressing (a label that I hate, personally, but I digress). She claims that she dates a man who wears women's clothing, and that has gotten her 'hooked' on the idea...enough for her to start an entire website, complete with encouragement, tips, outfit suggestions, etc.

So, after great length, that's what brings me to my question of the day. Where do you stand on this subject? Most of you know that I'm a guy, and if you didn't, nobody on the 'outside' world knows about this blog and almost nobody knows about my lingerie...uh...interest. I'm loathe to speak for anyone other than myself, but, based on what I've read and seen, my experience is women range anywhere from dislike to disinterest in this subject. I'm often skeptical when I read about any woman encouraging her significant other to become more 'feminine'. It's a tough subject to collect any sort of scientific data, because it requires complete honesty out of people on a somewhat touchy topic. So I encourage anyone who comments to be completely open and honest and blunt as you like. Feel free to log on as anonymous, if you prefer.

No comments:

Post a Comment