Powered by Blogger.

Joan Rivers and Madame Arcati have a hate-in

Tuesday, March 10, 2009













Let it not be said that Madame Arcati doesn't get about despite extreme old age, debilitating illnesses (some of them infectious) and suicidal tendencies (am I selling myself to you pervs? There's someone for everyone, y'know)).

At the Gay & Lesbian Mardi Gras in Sydney I met up with my old friend Joan Rivers, and sat with her manager (who reps Cher too) all night and his Cuban boyfriend. Suddenly a man aimed his video camera at Joan and she screamed at its lens: "MADAME ARCATI, YOUR'E A BITCH, GET A LIFE!" Isn't that shocking, to say that about someone old enough to be her mother? She added she was expecting to see Tom Cruise at the Mardi Gras. He didn't turn up.

Later, Joan mounted a Mardi Gras truck and hollered messages to the crowd who didn't seem to know who she was - "They think I'm just some old retired hairdresser!" she shouted at me.

In the pics - Joan of course, oh and there's that monster-sized drag queen Mitzi McIntosh, and Pam Ann's somewhere there, Ruby Rose - the MTV hostess who has just come out as a dyke, what a cutie - I can't be bothered with pointing them all out for fuck's sake.

No comments:

Post a Comment