Powered by Blogger.

Jemima Kiss defends herself against a brutal Madame Arcati attack

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

I recently bitched about snobbish Twitterers who show off by maintaining a low Following figure despite a huge Followers value - implying a galaxy whose star ego is at the core of the spiral flailing arms of frickin fans. One such I named is Jemima Kiss, a busy and gifted writer on The Guardian who has quite a following among the young intelligentsia, and Girls Aloud. She has replied...

Dear Madame,
Darling ... love your work, etc. I follow 282 people because that's roughly as many as I can realistically read and respond to. I've tried more, but it makes Twitter unusable. I regularly ditch some and follow others, so there's a steady churn. More importantly, my Twitter client shows me every @ message sent my way, even if I don't follow that person, so I always listen when people talk to me. I can promise you I've spent quite some time working out exactly how to manage my Twitter account. It's not realistic to follow 8,700 people - if I could, I would, believe me.
Jemima Kiss, The Guardian
Jemima's website

Dear Jemima,
Thank you poppet - but what torture. How I wonder does Stephen Fry follow over 50,000-plus supplicants on Twitter? Or is he just being polite? And how fickle and brutal of you to drop members of your Followed tribe - do you imagine people take offence when they see a luminary such as yourself withdraw behind a cloud, perhaps yawning? Febrile stalking may be activated by much less. But anyway, you're forgiven.
MA x

No comments:

Post a Comment